Serena Williams has achieved so much success in the world of tennis, it’s hard to imagine the sport without her.
But, after struggling with shoulder and knee problems throughout the entire year, the 22-time Grand Slam champion is refusing to put a date on her comeback. Serena, who gave up her world number one ranking to Angelique Kerber this month after losing in the US Open Semifinals, revealed to CNN, “I’m tired of playing tournaments unhealthy and taking losses that I would never lose. I definitely want to make sure I’m healthy and playing at my best or at least 80% healthy or 70% healthy that way I can be able to play at a higher level.”
Coach Patrick Mouratoglou spoke about her difficult season, saying, “It’s a bad year, there are many explanations but we have to learn and be better next year and that is definitely the goal. This is not satisfying at all.”
Serena now has her fashion line to occupy her time during a break from the sport. When asked if playing at the US Open is more difficult than planning a fashion show, she replied, “I don’t know. I think they are pretty equal. Fashion is probably a little easier I guess but at least in a grand slam I can control what happens.”
Serena still has three tournaments scheduled for the rest of 2016.
SOURCE: CNN | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
INSTADAILY: Serena Williams Takes Over #NYFW
1. Serena Williams’ #NYFW TakeoverSource:Instagram 1 of 6
2. Serena stunned as she took the red carpetSource:Instagram 2 of 6
3. La La Anthony and CiaraSource:Instagram 3 of 6
4. La La rocks a Serena Williams originalSource:Instagram 4 of 6
5. Olympic gold medalist Dalilah MuhammadSource:Instagram 5 of 6
6. No one does fashion quite like CiaraSource:Instagram 6 of 6
Is Serena Williams Ready To Take A Break From Tennis? was originally published on globalgrind.com