A 16-year-old boy with a history of depression committed suicide by way of the MTA on Tuesday morning in New York City.
Officials say the young man was hit at the 42nd St.-Port Authority Bus Terminal station when he leapt in front of the south-bound A train just before 8 a.m. He reportedly died at the scene.
Straphangers saw the troubled teen jump in front of the train as it came into the station, police sources said. Police said the teen “had a history of depression.” He had also been hospitalized in September for suicidal thoughts, cop sources said.
A station worker said he saw cops rush over before shutting everything down.
“I saw police rushing over and then they shut the whole station down,” said Abul Hoque, 74, who works at the station’s convenience store. “I heard a young person jumped. I don’t know why they’d do that. It’s very sad. It could be anyone — my daughter, son, your brother, sister — it’s very sad … no one knows why someone would do that.”
We’re keeping his loved ones in our prayers at this time.
SOURCE: NYDailyNews | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Raise the Roof: Celebrities React to President Obama's DNC Speech
1. Jesse Tyler FergusonSource: 1 of 14
2. Clay AikenSource: 2 of 14
3. Kate WalshSource: 3 of 14
4. Kat KinsmanSource: 4 of 14
5. DarthSource: 5 of 14
6. Ava DuVernaySource: 6 of 14
7. Vivica A. FoxSource: 7 of 14
8. Dondre T. WhitfieldSource: 8 of 14
9. Billy EichnerSource: 9 of 14
10. DaVon FranklinSource: 10 of 14
11. Alyssa MilanoSource: 11 of 14
12. Minka KellySource: 12 of 14
13. Julianne MooreSource: 13 of 14
16-Year-Old Commits Suicide By Jumping In Front Of NYC Subway During Rush Hour was originally published on globalgrind.com