These nonstop Uber horror stories are enough to make you embrace the caveman days and flag a cab instead.
Most recently, a 23-year-old Michigan driver for the transportation company is accused of stabbing a passenger who he allegedly felt disrespected his car by tapping on a window.
From Detroit Free Press:
The Bloomfield Township Police Department responded to a 911 call around 1:30 a.m. stating that a person had been stabbed during a fight in the parking lot of a shopping center at the corner of Maple Road and Cranbrook.
Police who responded to the scene found two men fighting in the back seat of a 2012 Honda Civic and discovered that one of the men, a 49-year-old Beverly Hills man had multiple stab wounds to his chest, back and face. According to a news release from the department, the driver, Berkley resident Jacob Matthew Allemon, was arrested at the scene.
The site goes on to explain what may have ticked Allemon off:
Police said the victim and his wife had requested an Uber for a ride home from a holiday party, and Allemon accepted the request. When the victim tapped on window to alert Allemon that they were entering the vehicle, according to police, he allegedly felt his vehicle was disrespected by the tapping.
Allemon drove about a mile before pulling into the shopping center parking lot and ordering the victim out of his vehicle. According to police, the victim asked if he and his wife could wait for another Uber vehicle due to the snowstorm.
The two men began to fight and Allemon stabbed him multiple times. According to police, the victim was able to disarm Allemon and restrain him until police arrived. The victim was transported to the Royal Oak Beaumont Hospital where he was treated and then released the next day.
Allemon was reportedly charged with “assault with the intent to do great bodily harm less than murder and was arraigned Sunday. He was given a $250,000 bond.” According to the site, his next court date is pending with the 48th District Court.
SOURCE: Detroit Free Press
Remembering Greatness: The Celebrity Deaths Of 2016
1. Rapper Shawty Lo died in a fiery Atlanta car crash on the morning of Sept. 21.Source: 1 of 13
2. Sportscaster John Saunders passed away suddenly at the age of 61 on Aug. 10. The details surrounding his passing are still unclear.Source: 2 of 13
3. Actor Gene Wilder, best known for his role in ‘Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory,’ died on Aug. 29 from Alzheimer’s disease.Source: 3 of 13
4. Legendary boxer Muhammad Ali passed away on June 3 after a 32-year battle with Parkinson’s.Source: 4 of 13
5. Actor Anton Yelchin, best known for his role as Chekov in ‘Star Wars,’ passed away minutes after a June 19 car accident.Source: 5 of 13
6. Actor Ron Lester died on Aug. 4 of kidney failure. He was best known for his role in ‘Not Another Teen Movie.’Source: 6 of 13
7. ‘The Voice’ star Christina Grimmie was shot dead at 22 years old by a man who opened fire on her while she signed autographs.Source: 7 of 13
8. Legendary singer Prince tragically died from an accidental prescription drug overdose on April 21. He was 57-years-old.Source: 8 of 13
9. WWF wrestler and actress Chyna died from an accidental overdose of Valium and Ambien on April 20. She was 45 years old.Source: 9 of 13
10. ‘Blood, Sweat, & Heels’ reality star Daisy Lewellyn died from a rare form of liver cancer on April 8.Source: 10 of 13
11. Singer Denise Matthews, aka Vanity, died from kidney failure at the age of 57 on Feb. 15. She was Prince’s protegée and ex-girlfriend.Source: 11 of 13
12. Singer Maurice White passed away on Feb. 3 after battling Parkinson’s disease. He was the founder of R&B group Earth, Wind, & Fire.Source: 12 of 13
13. Rock star David Bowie died on Jan. 10 after battling cancer for 18 months. He was 69.Source: 13 of 13
Uber Driver Stabs Passenger Who Disrespected His Window was originally published on globalgrind.com