In only his 17th fight of his pro career, Baltimore’s own Gervonta “Tank” Davis defeated Jose Pedraza, winning the IBF junior lightweight title. Davis knocked down Perdraza in the 7th round and after a standing 8 count the referee decided that he couldn’t continue.
The TKO makes Davis, at 22 Years old the youngest champion right now in Boxing and many, including legendary boxer Floyd Mayweather is calling him the future of the sport. Davis, 22, became the first Baltimore fighter to win a world title since Hasim Rahman upset Lennox Lewis for the undisputed heavyweight crown in 2001.
Source: The Baltimore Sun
Also Read: Ravens Get Ready For Off Season Moves
Celebrities Step Out For Mayweather vs. Pacquiao
1. Claire Danes, Bridgid Coulter and Don CheadleSource: 1 of 9
2. Michael Eric DysonSource: 2 of 9
3. Charlotte MckinneySource: 3 of 9
4. Liev SchreiberSource: 4 of 9
5. Michael KeatonSource: 5 of 9
6. Antoine Fuqua and Jake GyllenhaalSource: 6 of 9
7. Denzel Washington Director Antoine FuquaSource: 7 of 9
8. Boxer Shane Mosley and Bella GonzalezSource: 8 of 9
9. Bryant JenningsSource: 9 of 9
Baltimore Native Gervonta Davis Wins IBF Junior Lightweight Title was originally published on 92q.com