The Mega Millions drama escalated further on Friday after a Maryland McDonald’s worker claimed she lost the winning ticket from last week’s historic record $656 million drawing, MSNBC reports.
“I have no idea where it is. I’m not sure I have it,” Mirlande Wilson told the New York Post.
On Monday, 37-year-old Wilson claimed she had the winning ticket, which 15 of her McDonald’s co-workers allege was part of a workplace lottery pool.
But controversy erupted when the mother of seven told the New York Post the winning ticket was bought separately from the pool and that she wouldn’t share the winnings.