On the rift between so many in rap right now, Shawnna said:
“What they don’t understand is, that’s where they want us to be. In the game right now the list goes on of the that are winning and eating and making money and creating songs together…doing shows. But when it comes to the girls we do this cat thing, this process of elimination where they can only be one woman winning at one time. We’re the only reason that exists. If we were to start networking and communicate with each other, create avenues and outlets for each other you would see more women out and more women being successful in hip-hop.”
Shawnna added that she is an advocate of uniting women in rap. As for the Lil’ Kim and Nicki Minaj beef, Shawnna said, “I hated that.” She also stressed that she wasn’t choosing sides because she loves both of them. She offered the same sentiments about Iggy Azalea and Azealia Banks.
You can check out the interview in full:
Like us on Facebook!
- Whitney Houston’s Final Song Unveiled
- Donna Summer Private Private Funeral Service Set For Tomorrow
- Did An Overdose Send Ray J To The Hospital? [RUMOR]
- Chrissy, Evelyn, Tamar & Kandi Are Your New Role Models!
- DOWNLOAD: David Banner – Sex, Drugs & Video Games