Where did the year go?! Well beauties, whether we’re ready or not, it’s here– the home stretch. The last two months are full of holiday greetins and cheer, but if you’re trying to keep things tight and right, these final two months can be challenging. But have no fear, your holiday survival kit is here. Follow these 10 easy tips and greet 2015 the same healthy happy beauty you planned to be in 2014.
#1 Stress Less
When we are stressed and frazzled our decision making skills go out the door and our immune systems take a hit too. So check in before you check out by recognizing when you’re eating your emotions so your emotions don’t cheat you.
#2 Sweat More
Speaking of stress, if you feel like you’re drowning in stress try drowning yourself in sweat. People who sweat often are overall happier folks and happy folks don’t trample people during Black Friday sales. Real talk. Fitness changes things ladies.
#3 Don’t Fall Back With The Clocks
The days may be shorter, but unfortunately our work days are still longer. So break up your cubicle time and get some Vitamin D. This hormone is best served in the sun (kind of like us Cali girls) therefore catch some rays in order to lengthen these shorter days.
#4 Power Up With Protein
Holiday treats will feel like less of a cheat if you invite more protein the the party. High-protein foods take more work to digest, metabolize, and use, which means you burn more calories simply processing them. Plus, since they take longer to leave your stomach you’ll feel full sooner and longer.
#5 Go Lay Down Somewhere
For real. Getting a good night’s sleep is crucial in general, but especially during these potentially stressful holiday months. Rested beauties are overall more calm and patient. So let this be the year that your in-laws don’t drive you completely crazy. Turn it in early when possible and sleep in when you can. Hello weekends!
#6 Meditation On Location
Thanksgiving is a season based on gratitude, so keep this in mind by finding random moments to be mindful. It’s the little things beauties and you don’t have to partake in a #100happydays challenge on Instagram to experiences moments of gratitude. Some days I set my alarm for every two hours and use this time to close my eyes, breathe and focus on one thing I’m grateful for. I call it mediation on location. Try it.
#7 Take A Seat And Eat
Skipping meals is so not an option beauties. Busy schedules are inevitable this time of the year, but this holiday season commit to eating at least two out of three meals seated. When we take time to eat and eliminate eating on the go we not only eat less but enjoy our grub way more. So take a seat and eat.
#8 No Banking Calories
Your savings account and daily calories have nothing in common, so stop trying to store up calories for a big meal (read Thanksgiving). Many people will partake in extreme dieting the days leading up to this meal only to partake in a binge fest once the turkey hits the table. The key is balance boo, so eat regularly and have a regular sized Thanksgiving dinner.
#9 Don’t Just Wing It
True story–I am a spontaneous person and get a high out of winging things in life, but there are some areas where I refuse to wing it. Read – my diet during the holidays. There are too many temptations lurking at every corner so I always plan ahead. That means no showing up to parties starving and no hitting holiday happy hours dehydrated. If you check in with these two things ladies you will be shocked how less tempting that third glass of eggnog will be.
#10 Learn To Say No
In general. However in regard to the holidays It is easy to blame weight gain on these festive events, but the truth is beauties: we are in control. So take full on responsibility of your choices this season by choosing what will and will not pass your lips. You don’t have to eat that pecan pie Aunt Caroline made just because. If you want it eat it, if you don’t, learn to say no.
Robbie Ann Darby (RAD Experience) is a professional FitGirl, Group Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer in NYC. Follow her sweaty life on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for more fun health and fitness tips!
Check Out This Gallery Of Our Fave Fit Celebs:
Celebrity Fit Club: Our Favorite Stars Share Their Workout Regimen On Instagram
1. Celebrity Fit Club1 of 47
2. Morris Chestnut- On The Treadmill2 of 47
3. Usher-Run It3 of 47
4. Angela Simmons-Simple & Effective4 of 47
5. Angela Simmons-Go Deeper!5 of 47
6. Angela Simmons-Can't Stop, Won't Stop6 of 47
7. Angela Simmons-It's A Lifestyle7 of 47
8. Angela Simmons-Determination Is Key8 of 47
9. Angela Simmons-No Days Off9 of 47
10. Angela Simmons-Morning Training Sessions10 of 47
11. Angela Simmons-Live Life Out Loud11 of 47
12. Angela Simmons-Pose For The Camera12 of 47
13. Angela Simmons-Bend & Stretch13 of 47
14. Angela Simmons-Ready For Her Close Up14 of 47
15. Jordin Sparks-The Fit Selfie15 of 47
16. Jordin Sparks-Engages Her Core16 of 47
17. Jordin Sparks-Getting It Right & Tight17 of 47
18. Jordin Sparks-Gaining Weight18 of 47
19. Jason Derulo-Shooting In The Gym19 of 47
20. Jason Derulo-No Gym, No Problem20 of 47
21. Mo'Nique-Always Motivating21 of 47
22. Mo'Nique-Workin' Those Arms22 of 47
23. Mo'Nique-Keeping It Real, Keeping It Tight23 of 47
24. Mo'Nique-Makes Us Remember To Work For It24 of 47
25. Mo'Nique-Never Gives Up25 of 47
26. Mo'Nique-Showing Off What Amazing Looks Like26 of 47
27. Keri Hilson-Takin' The Stairs27 of 47
28. Brandy-Getting It In!28 of 47
29. Brandy-Making Transformations29 of 47
30. Jeanette Jenkins-She Is The Prototype30 of 47
31. Jeanette Jenkins-She Plans Ahead To Get Ahead31 of 47
32. Jeanette Jenkins-Flexible On Fridays32 of 47
33. Jeanette Jenkins-Fit Foodie33 of 47
34. Kelly Rowland-She's Got Friends In Fit Places34 of 47
35. Kelly Rowland-Drink Good, Look Good35 of 47
36. Kelly Rowland-Abs For Days36 of 47
37. Serena Williams-She Knows How To Hang37 of 47
38. Mary J. Blige-Her Hubby's Getting It In!38 of 47
39. Mary J. Blige-Throwin' Them Bows!39 of 47
40. Mary J. Blige-Getting Them Glutes!40 of 47
41. Mary J. Blige-Hard Work Pays Off, Look At That Body!41 of 47
42. Mary J. Blige--Work Them Arms Girl!42 of 47
43. Mary J. Blige-She's Got Legs & She Knows How To Use Them43 of 47
44. Michelle Obama-Let's Move!44 of 47
45. Sherri Shepherd-No More Girdles!45 of 47
46. Sherri Shepherd-Dance The Pounds Away46 of 47
47. Khloe Kardashian-She Works Hard Even When She Doesn't Want To47 of 47
Holiday Survival Kit: 10 Ways To Stay Fit During These Last 2 Food-Heavy Months Of The Year was originally published on hellobeautiful.com