Who runs the world? Instagram.
Today, Instagram’s CEO Kevin Systrom announced their million dollar social media platform is launching an account to explore music in the global community. The company is attempting to make it easier for A-List talent and artists across the globe to connect with their fan base through their specialized channel @Music.
Instagram’s founder made the announcement, stating:
The music community is –– and always has been –– an important part of Instagram. For the past four years, we have become the home for artists big and small –– a place where people across the musical spectrum come to share stories, reveal their creativity and connect directly with fans.
Today we’re launching @music, a new account dedicated to exploring music around the globe, from those who create it to the community around it.
Each week, we’ll take a look at the musical experience on Instagram. That means showing you a different side of artists you know and love, like Questlove (@questlove), and introducing you to up-and-coming talents from around the world, like Tricot (@ikkyu193). It means highlighting music photographers, album illustrators, instrument makers and, of course, fans. In the Instagram tradition, we will also welcome community participation with a new, music-themed monthly hashtag project.
Music is a huge part of all of our lives here at Instagram. It’s a passion of ours, and we know it’s a passion of yours. So follow along at @music –– we think you’ll discover something new.
— Kevin Systrom, Founder and CEO
Roots drummer Questlove was the first artist to help launch the new channel with a photo posting:
Are you going to follow Instagram’s @Music channel?
PHOTO CREDIT: Instagram
Jay Z, Rihanna, Beyonce, Nicki Minaj, & More Present At The TIDAL Launch Event In NYC
1. Alicia Keys, Nicki Minaj, and Beyonce give us their best silly faces.Source:Getty 1 of 11
2. Kanye, Jay, and Cole reunite.Source:Getty 2 of 11
3. Beyonce slays before the presentation.Source:Getty 3 of 11
4. Rihanna, Alicia Keys, Madonna, and Beyonce hug it up.Source:Getty 4 of 11
5. So many greats all on one stage.Source:Getty 5 of 11
6. Beyonce sports a smile next to Daft Punk.Source:Getty 6 of 11
7. Jay Z has a conversation with Madonna.Source:Getty 7 of 11
8. Rihanna shows some love to Madonna.Source:Getty 8 of 11
9. Beyonce shows off some pearly whites while signing the declaration.Source:Getty 9 of 11
10. Madonna does the most Madonna thing while signing the declaration.Source:Getty 10 of 11
11. Jay Z signs the declaration.Source:Getty 11 of 11
Double Tap That: Instagram Launches Its Own Music Channel was originally published on globalgrind.com