Adele’s hit single “Hello” has bumped The Weeknd’s “The Hills” from the number one spot on the Billboard Hot 100. Last week, The Weeknd’s Beauty Behind The Madness single was sitting comfortably at the number one spot for weeks and spent a whopping 23 weeks on the Hot 100 chart at various positions.
But “Hello” sold over 1.1 million single copies in less than a week and Adele’s long-awaited album 25 is already projected to sell over a million copies in its first week.
While Adele rests at number one, Justin Bieber’s new single “Sorry” trails closely behind at the number two spot. Drake and The Weeknd make up the number three and four spots with their singles “Hotline Bling” and “The Hills,” and Justin Bieber’s “What Do You Mean?” rounds out the top five.
Adele’s 25 is due out on November 20.
SOURCE: Billboard | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Artists From The UK We All Love (PHOTOS)
1. Charli XCX can be found at the Top of the Billboard Charts for Iggy Azalea's “Fancy"1 of 10
2. Ellie Goulding's "Lights" has been heard at almost every party you've been to.2 of 10
3. Jessie Ware is a great representation of amazing talent coming from the UK.3 of 10
4. Disclosure's debut album "Settle" has topped the Billboard charts as well.4 of 10
5. Sampha is one of the most talented singers and producers. You can find him on Drake's latest album "Nothing Was The Same.”5 of 10
6. FKA Twigs has a very promising career in the upcoming year, her cosmic style and soulful voice is remarkable.6 of 10
7. La Roux's "Bulletproof" was often sung by people who never even listened to Electronic music.7 of 10
8. Jessie J's "Price Tag" was heard everywhere, topping the Billboard charts.8 of 10
9. One of "R&B's Most Wanted," Ed Sheeran has definitely made a solid name in the music industry.9 of 10
10. Sam Smith's debut LP "In The Lonely Hour" immediately made it to the Top 10 Billboard charts.10 of 10
Adele Bumps The Weeknd From Number One Spot On Billboard Hot 100 was originally published on globalgrind.com