According to reports, a construction worker found a knife buried on the perimeter of the former O.J. Simpson estate in June 1998 when the house was demolished, and it’s currently being tested by the LAPD in a top-secret investigation.
Our law enforcement sources say the construction worker took the knife to the street, where he saw an LAPD cop. He told the officer where he found the knife and the cop took it.
Turns out the cop — who worked in the traffic division — was off duty at the time, working security for a movie shoot at a house across the street on Rockingham. Our sources say the officer took the knife home and kept it … kept it for years.
After he retired from the LAPD, he contacted a friend who worked in LAPD’s Robbery Homicide Division and said he was getting the folding buck knife framed to put on his wall. He wanted his friend to get the Departmental Record number for the Nicole Brown Simpson/Ronald Goldman murder case, which he planned on engraving in the frame.
Superiors forced the cop to turn the knife in, and it’s currently being tested for hair and fingerprints. It will be moved to theSerology Unit next week, where it will be tested for DNA and other biological evidence.
Although the knife is helpful to the case, O.J. cannot be tried for the murders again, because of double jeopardy. He is currently serving a 33-year sentence for robbery and kidnapping in a Las Vegas prison.
1. O.J. seen talking to his lawyers Robert Shapiro, Johnnie Cochran, and Robert Kardashian during a trial date.
1 of 28
2. The late Robert Kardashian defends his friend O.J. Simpson in court.
2 of 28
3. O.J. Simpson and his ex-wife Nicole Brown in seemingly happier times.
3 of 28
4. AI Cowlings, the friend who drove O.J. during his infamous Bronco chase.
4 of 28
5. Judge Lance Ito listens to defense motions to exclude Mark Fuhrman's testimony and the prosecutions' response to retain the information 11 September during a court hearing in the O.J. Simpson murder trail.
5 of 28
6. O.J. x Johnnie Cochran.
6 of 28
7. Deputy District Attorney Chris Darden asks Judge Lance Ito in the O.J.Simpson case 13 January to bar the defense from asking Los Angeles Police detective Mark Fuhrman if he ever uttered a racial epithet.
7 of 28
8. Did O.J. do it?
8 of 28
9. The scene around O.J.'s October 3rd trial date.
9 of 28
10. O.J.'s sister spotted near the crime scene.
10 of 28
11. The infamous Bronco chase.
11 of 28
12. The crowd cheers after hearing the verdict on October 3rd, 1995.
12 of 28
13. A much earlier photo of O.J. and his good friend AI Cowlings, circa 1979.
13 of 28
14. O.J. tries on a glove that was used in the murder of his ex-wife.
14 of 28
15. O.J. Simpson and his ex-wife Nicole Brown in seemingly happier times.
15 of 28
16. Deputy district attorney Marcia Clark is shown during testimony at the preliminary hearings.
16 of 28
17. O.J. Simpson and his kids at Nicole Simpson's funeral.
17 of 28
18. Robert Shapiro reads O.J.'s damning letter to the press.
18 of 28
19. O.J. Simpson with Nicole and the kids during happier times.
19 of 28
20. Johnnie Cochran lays down the law, circa 1995.
20 of 28
21. The Juice at his 1994-1995 murder trial.
21 of 28
22. Robert Kardashian sits through trial.
22 of 28
23. Robert Shapiro x O.J. Simpson.
23 of 28
24. Robert Shapiro in 2015.
24 of 28
25. O.J. Simpson leaving the courthouse after the civil trial that followed his murder trial.
25 of 28
26. O.J. heads to the place he knows best, court.
26 of 28
27. O.J. at an evidentiary hearing in 2013.
27 of 28
28. O.J. at an evidentiary hearing in 2013.
28 of 28
Continue reading 40 Photos Of O.J. Simpson & The Key Players In His Murder Trial
40 Photos Of O.J. Simpson & The Key Players In His Murder Trial