It’s been quite the year for adidas.
Popular collaborations with Yeezy and Pharrell, successful new silhouettes (Tubular, Ultra Boost etc.) and continued interest in the classic styles has skyrocketed the brand to new heights.
While adidas still trails Nike in profit, it has surpassed its competitor (and Under Armour) in stocks. According to a report from Portland Business Journal, adidas’ first-quarter sales are up 31 percent, with its stock performing at a rate of +31.54 percent. Nike lags behind with a rate of -11.43 percent.
Following the positive report, head of adidas North America, Mark King, spoke with the Journal and proclaimed adidas as “the coolest brand in sports right now. And we’re going to use that coolness in a more effective way than we ever did before.”
It appears King was referring to adidas’ recent sale of sporting brand Mitchell & Ness to focus on core product.
Seems like whatever moves the brand is making, they’re working.
SOURCE: Portland Business Journal | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Kim Kardashian, Beyonce, Anna Wintour & More Attend Kanye West's Adidas Presentation (PHOTOS)
1. Kanye actually smiled while posing for some photos with Rihanna and Kim.1 of 20
2. Kanye West looked as excited as can be at the premiere of his Yeezus for Adidas presentation.2 of 20
3. The show was all inclusive, with fashions for both men and women.3 of 20
4. The models took part in the Solange pose while showing some of the accessories.4 of 20
5. And they were as fierce as their boss.5 of 20
6. There were different color palettes, from sheer whites...6 of 20
7. To bold pastels such as this pink number...7 of 20
8. and pops of green.8 of 20
9. As well as classics such as burgundy and black.9 of 20
10. #Youcan'tsitwithus. Fashion elite Ana Wintour, Beyonce, and of course Kim Kardashian and North West came to support Kanye.10 of 20
11. Kendall and Kris Jenner looked fierce in their navy and black best.11 of 20
12. Rihanna also showed up and was flawless as usual.12 of 20
13. Kanye also got major support from Jay Z while backstage.13 of 20
14. Kimmy and Nori snuck in some mommy-daughter fun time.14 of 20
15. And played a fun game of tag.15 of 20
16. The Carters stunned for the photogs.16 of 20
17. 2 Chainz and Big Sean also came to support Yeezus.17 of 20
18. And fellow mogul Diddy seemed proud of his colleague.18 of 20
19. Justin Bieber gave us Michael Jackson 'Thriller' vibes, while Kenny's abs were on full display, and Big Sean kept it simple.19 of 20
20. Khloe's kurves were on full display she strutted out of the building.20 of 20
The Yeezy Effect: Find Out How Kanye Made Adidas’ Stock Blow Past Nike was originally published on globalgrind.com