Pamela Taylor was suspended from work for a Facebook post, in which she referred to First Lady Michelle Obama as an “ape in heels.” Now, she’s reportedly returning to her job as the director to a non-profit in West Virginia.
From The Grio: “According to a letter from Leslie McGlothin to the West Virginia Bureau of Senior Services, Taylor is expected to return to work on Friday, Dec. 23. However, she and the other employees at the Clay County Development Corp have been reminded by the state bureau’s commissioner, Robert Roswall, that any discriminatory behavior by the staff at the CCDC could put their federal and state funding in jeopardy. The CCDC received $1.5 million in federal funding and $363,000 in state funding in 2014.”
According to the site, “The CCDC is a private, non-profit organization, and it is also the second-largest employer in Clay County. The organization serves low-income as well as elderly population for the county, and it provides both senior services and financial assistance.”
Do you think Taylor should be allowed to return to work after her ugly comments? Tweet us your thoughts.
SOURCE: The Grio
10 Reasons Why We'll Always Be Thankful For First Lady Michelle Obama
1. Amazing SpeechesSource:Getty 1 of 9
2. Flawless FashionsSource:Getty 2 of 9
3. Health InitiativesSource:Getty 3 of 9
4. Her Cool FriendsSource:Getty 4 of 9
5. Black Girl MagicSource:Getty 5 of 9
6. Supporting BarackSource:Getty 6 of 9
7. Mom GoalsSource:Getty 7 of 9
8. Memorable TV AppearancesSource:Getty 8 of 9
9. IconicSource:Getty 9 of 9
Seriously? Director Who Called Michelle Obama An ‘Ape In Heels’ Will Return To Work was originally published on globalgrind.com