Show me the money!!!!! Please! We need money to live, and the more money we have at our disposal the easier the living tends to be — Usually.
In school, they teach you to get good grades so you can get a great job. Unfortunately, money management and wealth building is not something that students — at least not in the public school system– are given the blueprint for.
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The teaching of fundamental money management skills is often left to conversations at home or around the neighborhood. As a result, many blindly enter the workforce without a basic understanding of how to earn, save, and spend their money wisely.
Many make colossal financial mistakes in their twenties that they spend their entire thirties and forties trying to get over. The best way to avoid these pitfalls is to be educated when it comes to money matters. Or as I like to call it be “Money Smart.”
So where to begin? Is it necessary to take personal finance courses?
Not at all. Unless you just REALLY want to. An easy place to start your financial education is online — for FREE!
Being smart with your money is a lifestyle, so it is also helpful to visit websites like Wise Bread that focus on topics like frugal living and the perfect career.
Regardless of where you decide to get your information, the point is to get it from somewhere. The more financially savvy we are the greater the opportunity to build wealth and avoid financial setbacks.
Text “iPower” to 37890 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
For the Latest Entertainment News:Follow @ipowerrichmond
Get The Look: Yara Shahidi Collegiate Style Icon!
1. Teen Choice Awards 2017 - ArrivalsSource:Getty 1 of 26
2. 2017 Black Girls Rock!Source:Getty 2 of 26
3. Premiere Of Disney-Pixar's 'The Good Dinosaur' - Red CarpetSource:Getty 3 of 26
4. Premiere Of Columbia Pictures' 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' - ArrivalsSource:Getty 4 of 26
5. Wearable Art Gala - ArrivalsSource:Getty 5 of 26
6. Variety Power Of Young Hollywood - ArrivalsSource:Getty 6 of 26
7. AQUAhydrate Hosts Private Event At Hyde Staples Center For Drake And Future ConcertSource:Getty 7 of 26
8. Premiere Of Amazon Studios' 'An American Girl Story - Melody 1963: Love Has To Win' - ArrivalsSource:Getty 8 of 26
9. Fossil Firsts Breakfast Featuring Actress Yara ShahidiSource:Getty 9 of 26
10. 5th Annual Beautycon Festival Los Angeles - ArrivalsSource:Getty 10 of 26
11. Yara ShahidiSource:Getty 11 of 26
12. Brooks Brothers Beverly Hills hosts summer camp themed party to benefit St. Jude Children's Research HospitalSource:Getty 12 of 26
13. 14th Annual Inspiration Awards - ArrivalsSource:Getty 13 of 26
14. Variety's Power Of Women LuncheonSource:Getty 14 of 26
15. Premiere Of Universal Pictures' 'Girls Trip' - ArrivalsSource:Getty 15 of 26
16. Yara ShahidiSource:Getty 16 of 26
17. 2017 BET Awards - Press RoomSource:Getty 17 of 26
18. 2017 BET Awards - InstaBoothSource:Getty 18 of 26
19. 48th NAACP Image Awards - ArrivalsSource:Getty 19 of 26
20. 23rd Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards - Red CarpetSource:Getty 20 of 26
21. People's Choice Awards 2017 - ArrivalsSource:Getty 21 of 26
22. Warner Bros. Pictures And InStyle Host 18th Annual Post-Golden Globes Party - ArrivalsSource:Getty 22 of 26
23. Glamour Women Of The Year 2016 - ArrivalsSource:Getty 23 of 26
24. 23rd Annual ELLE Women In Hollywood Awards - ArrivalsSource:Getty 24 of 26
25. Audi Celebrates The 68th EmmysSource:Getty 25 of 26
26. 2016 BET Awards - ArrivalsSource:Getty 26 of 26
- “What’s Poppin!” – Travis Scott Married / Bow Wow Up To His Usual!
- The Bruno Mars and Gucci Mane Vegas Flyaway Sweepstakes
- Flava Rants On The Washington Redskins
- Highlights From The Marlow Heights Thanksgiving Turkey Giveaway
Millennial Money: Your Financial Education — How To Be “Money Smart” was originally published on Ipowerrichmond.com