Creativity & Vibrancy: FLUX Art Fair Is Coming to Harlem was originally published on globalgrind.com
1. Lina Puerta was born in New Jersey and raised in Colombia. Now living and working in Harlem, Lina’s art explores the interior and exterior of the human body from a non-scientific perspective.
2. New York-based painter Bobbi Van once had a professional law career and worked on cases such as the Boston Strangler.
3. Ivan Stojakovic is originally from Serbia and has lived and studied in Toronto, Belgrade, and NYC.
4. Andre Woolery grew up between Morristown, New Jersey and St. Ann, Jamaica. The stark contrast between the two made him sensitive to the role of race in forming a person’s identity.
5. Musa Hixon was born in Cleveland, but has spent most of his life in Brooklyn. He received a BA in Comprehensive Art from Hampton University and his creations have been featured in exhibitions locally and internationally.
6. Dianne Smith has had a career as an abstract painter, sculptor, and installation artist for almost two decades.
7. Born in the Bronx and raised in Miami, Ya La’Ford is a Chinese-Jamaican artist who has spent much of her life traveling between New York, Miami, Houston, Jamaica, Washington D.C., and Tampa.
8. Jeffrey Allen Price is based in Long Island and has created various works of art over 20 years – including paintings, sculptures, videos and drawings.
9. Shahram Entekhabi is an Iranian-born artist whose work explores society’s prejudices and suspicion of minorities.
10. Makeba Rainey is the founder of Black Capital Coalition and the editor of the blog of the same name, which features young artists, DJs, rappers, and performers. A Harlem native, she now lives in Philadelphia.
11. Multimedia artist David Shrobe was born and raised in New York City. His work combines painting, sculpture, drawing, and transfer techniques.
12. Sui Park is a New York-based artist who was born in Seoul, Korea. Her work involves creating three dimensional forms that are mystical and illusionary.
13. Nolan Lem is a New York-based composer and sound artist who has received degrees in jazz saxophone performance and electrical engineering.
14. Aya Rodriguez-Izumi is of Cuban, Puerto Rican, and Japanese descent who has spent her life moving back and forth between New York City and Japan.
15. New York-based artist Coby Kennedy’s work deals with the media’s influence on modern social entitlement and problems of self image.
16. Carlos Arturo Arias was raised in Washington Heights and received a MFA from SUNY Albany. He is also an accomplished tattoo artist and photographer.
17. Dominant Dansby is a young artist currently studying at the Art Student’s League in NYC. His work has received recognition since he was 17 years old, after he was a finalist of the NAACP’s Afro-Academic Olympics.
Willis Reed, New York Knicks Legend, Dies at 80
Okay, Let’s Talk About THAT Chloe Bailey/Damson Idris Scene In SWARM
Indecent Exposure! Celebrities Who Happily Show Off Their “Hoo-Ha” (NSFW PHOTOS)
27 Insane Pictures Of Iggy Azalea’s Booty (PHOTOS)
29 Pictures Of Lady Gaga’s Great Ass [PHOTOS]
[VIDEO] Ouch! Cee-Lo Thrown From Horse At Atlanta Party Honoring Shawty Lo
30 Photos Of Cardi B’s Ass
Three Men Found Guilty For 2018 Murder of XXXtentacion