Serena Williams continues to break barriers winning an Olympic gold medal in the women’s tennis singles against Maria Sharapova. Serena annihilated the competition, winning the most lopsided women’s final in Olympic history with a final score of 6-0, 6-1.
She is the second woman, and first African-American to achieve a Golden Slam–winning both the Grand Slam and the tennis Olympic gold medal in the same calendar year.
To celebrate her victory, Serena showed respect to her Compton roots by doing a “Crip Walk”:
Congrats to Serena!
- Breaking: Eagles Head Coach Andy Reid’s Son Found Dead at Training Camp
- 50 Cent Picks Up Floyd Mayweather From Jail (Video)
- Gloria Govan On “Basketball Wives LA” Season 2: Ratchet Or Positive? [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
- Is Tyga’s Newest Face Tattoo Real?
- Local Survivors of Domestic Violence To Star In “Play” At The Arc
Serena Williams Does “Crip Walk” After Winning Olympic Gold [VIDEO] was originally published on theurbandaily.com