After being pursued by a few record companies, Canadian singer-songwriter The Weeknd has finally accepted a major label deal. The Weeknd announced he signed with Universal Republic Records.
The Weeknd made a name for himself by hitting the road as an opening act for Drake and dropping three well-received mixtapes. his first project distributed through Universal Republic is an album called ‘Trilogy.’ Due November 13, the set will include mastered versions of tracks first heard on his previous efforts ‘Thursday’, ‘House of Balloons’, and ‘Echoes of Silence.’ A few unreleased songs will be added to ‘Trilogy’ as well. the beloved “Wicked Games” will be pushed as the official first single.
Follow us on Twitter @939wkys
Find us on Facebook!
Not only is The Weeknd working on his first official album on Universal Republic, he is scheduled to go on tour this fall. the trek will begin on September 21 in Chicago and make stops in Atlanta, Hollywood, New york City, and Miami. The Weeknd will also put on for his city on November 2 and 3 as part of the tour.
- Register To Win NBA Baller Beats Video Game for XBOX 360 Kinect
- POLL: Is the iPhone 5 Worth It?
- Lunch Break Mix! Wednesday Edition 9/12/12
- “National Congress of Black Women’s 28th Annual Awards Brunch”
- 13th Annual Donna Hopkins Breast Cancer Basketball Tournament