In an interview with NBC’s “Today Show,” Bush matriarch, Barbara (pictured far left), stunned both viewers and family alike, when she said that she doesn’t want to see her son Jeb run for president in 2016.
Seated with her daughter-in-law, Laura (pictured second from left), and granddaughters Jenna Bush Hager (pictured third from left) and Barbara Pierce Bush (pictured), Barbara openly challenged Laura’s previous endorsement of Jeb for president, saying:
“He’s by far the best qualified man, but no. I really don’t [think he should run.] I think it’s a great country. There are a lot of great families, and it’s not just four families or whatever. There are other people out there that are very qualified. We’ve had enough Bushes.
“I don’t think he’ll run. He’ll get all our enemies and half our friends.”
Caught off guard, Laura, Jenna, and Barbara Pierce broke into nervous laughter. The moment was particularly awkward for the family, because of Laura’s aforementioned remarks, where she gushed, “He’d [Jeb] be terrific – he would be a wonderful president.”
Watch Barbara Bush saying her son, Jeb, should sit 2016 out here:
- President Obama Throwback Picture Of The Day! [Photo]
- Lunch Break Mix! Thursday Edition 4/25/13
- Spotted: The Carter Family, Jay, Bey, & Blue Out and About In Paris [PICS]
- Baltimore Inmate Impregnates 4 Female Correctional Officers
- Suspect in Murder of Rapper Trina’s Brother Arrested