Today is the first official day of ObamaCare
(officially known as Affordable Health Care Act)
Coverage begins in 2014, but you must sign up by Dec. 15 if you want coverage to begin Jan. 1.
Enrollment varies by state!
All Americans can start at HEALTHCARE.GOV
There is also a live chat feature on the site to assist or you can call the help line at 1-800-318-2596 to get assistance with enrollment. Applications can also be mailed in.
Need More Help Enrolling?
There are also several non profit and health centers that are funded by the federal government that have experts on site to assist people who are in need of more hands on assistance. Certified application counselors and other experts are on site to assist with questions and walk people through the entire process.
To find a center near you go to localhelp.healthcare.gov on the federal portal and type in your zip code.
You can also go to getcoveredamerica.org or
Text “covered” to 877877 to get a list from Enroll America, a non-profit aimed at boosting participation in Obamacare.
Affordable Health Care Act has already made a big difference in our country by providing new rights and protections to over 100 million Americans. Here are some of major changes to healthcare.
• ObamaCare prohibits insurance companies from dropping your coverage if you get sick or make an honest mistake on your application.
• It eliminates pre-existing conditions and gender discrimination.
• Let’s young adults stay on their parent’s plans until 26.
• Creates State based Health Insurance Exchange Marketplaces where Americans can shop for Federally regulated and subsided insurance.
• Protects against unjustified rate hikes and give you more rights to appeal insurance company decisions and much, much more.
No system is perfect, but the Affordable Care Act aims to reform the American healthcare system towards the favor of the people and away from the monopoly of the healthcare industry.
Click Here For More!
DC Young Fly’s Partner, Jacky Oh Passed Away During Surgery
Singer DaniLeigh Hit With DUI Charge, Victim Suffers Spine Injury After Being Dragged On Moped
Indecent Exposure! Celebrities Who Happily Show Off Their “Hoo-Ha” (NSFW PHOTOS)
Megan Thee Stallion Spotted With Soccer Player Romelu Lukaku Amid Pardi Fontaine Breakup Rumors, Twitter Hilariously Heartbroken
30 Photos Of Cardi B’s Ass
Nicki Minaj Gives Us A Photo Dump... Of Her DUMP [Photos]
Iconic Singer Tina Turner Dead at 83
27 Insane Pictures Of Iggy Azalea’s Booty (PHOTOS)