- 2 tablespoons wheat germ or ground flaxseeds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract or pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup slivered raw almonds
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or almond oil
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 4 peaches, halved
- Combine wheat germ (or flaxseeds), salt, cinnamon, and extract in large mixing bowl; set aside.
- Place almonds and oats in a large dry skillet over medium heat, shaking or stirring often until they start to lightly brown, about 5 minutes. Add the warm almonds and oats to the other ingredients in the mixing bowl and stir to combine. Add the warm almonds and oats to the other ingredients in the mixing bowl and stir to combine. Return skillet to the stovetop, reduce to low heat, and add 1 tablespoon of the oil, brown sugar, and honey, stirring for about 1 minute until melted. Pour the hot mixture into the mixing bowl and quickly toss to coat all ingredients; set aside.
- Preheat an outdoor grill (or indoor grill pan) to medium, and brush or wipe the grill grate with oil.
- Cut each peach in half along their seam down the center, twist in opposite directions to open and remove the pits. Use a spoon to scrape reddish flesh from cavity of peach and make a hole for your granola filling. Brush the cut side of each peach with oil.
- Place the peaches cut side down onto the grill or grill pan and cook until the peaches are slightly tender and grill marks show, 3-5 minutes.
- Place 2 peach halves on each plate and fill each with about 1 tablespoon of the granola crumble mixture. Serve warm.
CHIC EATS: Grilled Peaches With Toasted Almond Granola Topping [RECIPE] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com
Also On 93.9 WKYS: