It’s about damn time.
After trying out a new menu at select restaurants earlier this year, McDonald’s is finally ready to bring mozzarella sticks to all of its locations starting in 2016.
Even better? The fried pieces of cheesy goodness with the obligatory marinara will only cost you a buck. The fast food giant’s quest began in the cheese capital of America, Wisconsin, where the mozzarella sticks were served this summer. The company said they added the bites of heaven in response to customers wanting more snack options. And it’s safe to say cheese heads are feeling #blessed right now.
“Our customers told us they are looking for the ability to customize their meals a little more,” a franchisee told Fox 6 in July. “People are snacking more often these days and looking for more options to create a right-sized meal for them. Mini meals allow them to do just that at an amazing value.”
Burger King is also trying out a few new menu options, like sweet potato fries.
That diet and gym membership you plan to start using at the beginning of the new year just got a little more difficult to stick to.
The 18 Most Interesting McDonald's Menu Items (PHOTOS)
1. McSpaghettiSource:Delish.com 1 of 18
2. McLobsterSource:McDonalds 2 of 18
3. McIndia McAloo TikkiSource:McDonalds 3 of 18
4. McBratwurstSource:McDonalds 4 of 18
5. McCrab Cake SandwichSource:Delish.com 5 of 18
6. McBacon RollSource:McDonalds.com 6 of 18
7. McPizzaSource:McDonalds 7 of 18
8. The Onion McNuggetsSource:McDonalds 8 of 18
9. McDonald's Steak & Egg BurritoSource:McDonalds 9 of 18
10. McDonald's Peaches & Mango PieSource:McDonalds 10 of 18
11. McArabiaSource:McDonalds 11 of 18
12. McVeggieSource:McDonalds 12 of 18
13. McDonald's Bacon Potato PieSource:BusinessInsider.com 13 of 18
14. McGazpachoSource:Delish.com 14 of 18
15. Chicken SingaporridgeSource:McDonalds 15 of 18
16. McShrimp BurgerSource:McDonalds 16 of 18
17. McDonald's Mozzarella DippersSource:McDonalds 17 of 18
18. McRibSource:McDonalds 18 of 18
McDonald’s Will Start Selling Mozzarella Sticks Next Year was originally published on globalgrind.com