Potheads all around the world are celebrating the 4/20 holiday today.
Weed smoke is in the air, munchies are on deck, and lighters are lit. You and your pothead friends are bonding over some ultra deep thoughts when you realize, there’s absolutely nothing that can blow your high today.
But where exactly does the term 4/20 come from and what’s the origin behind it? Some say 4/20 is the police radio code for marijuana consumption, others swear it came from the Bob Dylan song, “Rainy Day Women #12 and 35,” in which he chants, “Everybody Must Get Stoned.”
These theories seem to make sense, but according to an LA Weekly article, they couldn’t be more false. The site claims 4/20 actually goes way back to a group of California high school kids in the early 1970s. Apparently it started off as a joke that eventually turned into code for “Do you have any?” and “Do I look stoned?” The group would usually hang out by a wall and smoke weed at 4:20 p.m. The term eventually spread throughout the country and around the world.
The truth is, no one really cares how 4/20 became the unofficial holiday for potheads. We’re just thankful it exists.
We’re also thankful for all the cool items on the market for days like today. Check out all the dope gifts your pothead friend will forever appreciate.
PuffCoPro vaporizer pen is the Hightimes 2015 winner for the best wax and concentrate vape on the market.
Price starts at $79.99. It includes a USB charger and case.
You can’t talk about weed without mentioning the OG Snoop Dogg. His custom GPEN starts at $19.99.
Tyga’s Gold Rolling Papers add a nice touch when it’s time to light up. Price starts at $55.00.
A Seamless gift card is a must when the munchies start to hit. Trust us.
SOURCE: LA Weekly | PHOTO CREDIT: Instagram
Happy 4/20: Celebs Who Love To Get Stoned
1. 420 Gawd Snoop Dogg.Source: 1 of 11
2. Young Kush Khalifa.Source: 2 of 11
3. 420 Goddess.Source: 3 of 11
4. Best Buds.Source: 4 of 11
5. Happy 420 from Seth Rogen, y'all.Source: 5 of 11
6. Wayne and Drake blunt blowing.Source: 6 of 11
7. Miley Cyrus celebrating 4/20 with her bong & pasties.Source: 7 of 11
8. "Did something tonight i've been wanting to do for 25 years - smoked a joint on stage in Denver." - Bill MaherSource: 8 of 11
9. Jadakiss behind the cloud of smoke.Source: 9 of 11
10. 420 vibes from Tyga.Source: 10 of 11
11. Mac Miller is lit.Source: 11 of 11
5 Gifts Your Pothead Friend Will Forever Appreciate was originally published on globalgrind.com