A lot of people have been talking about Kanye West’s new hairstyle today. The rapper––who recently suffered a mental breakdown––was spotted for the first time since being hospitalized rocking a brand new hair color.
Some folks on Twitter have been joking, saying Kanye West is one step closer to changing into the Donald Trump meme. But earlier today, I sat down with Pharrell, who told HOT 97 he called Kanye West to check up on him. I asked what he thought of Kanye’s hair and his answer was so on brand.
“I think he’s an artist,” he said. “I think as people we have to be able to express ourselves. No matter where we are or what we are doing. If you’re censored, then you’re not really the artist that you can really be. There’s not the fullest potential for what’s inside of you to shine.”
The formerly blond Pharrell goes on to explain why it’s important not to care about other people’s opinions and how that stops us from being truly great.
Check out the interview above and be sure to go see his production in the film Hidden Figures, in theaters everywhere December 25th, 2016.
Every Time Pharrell Williams Was A Trendsetter
16 photos Launch gallery
1. Bape became successful thanks in large part to Pharrell's co-sign early on.
1 of 16
2. Bape, BBC, and Ice Cream had the co-sign from Kanye West.
2 of 16
3. Pharrell made being a N.E.R.D. cool.
3 of 16
4. Letterman jackets would become a staple in Pharrell's clothing line.
4 of 16
5. Pharrell rocking Billionaire Boys Club, his successful clothing brand.
5 of 16
6. Before there were Yeezys, there were Ice Creams.
6 of 16
7. He dubbed this oversized, bright purple Hermes as his "travel bag."
7 of 16
8. Remember when Pharrell had people of all ages attempting the Star Trek symbol?
8 of 16
9. High fashion fur at a Moncler show.
9 of 16
10. His Louis Vuitton scarf was pretty dope.
10 of 16
11. Pharrell has always cleaned up nice.
11 of 16
12. Ice Cream craze.
12 of 16
13. Before Lil Wayne was skateboarding, Pharrell was and reppin' it hard.
13 of 16
14. The infamous Pharrell hat.
14 of 16
15. Back in the day, Pharrell's signature style included trucker hats.
15 of 16
16. When his pants were shorter than his wife's on the red carpet.
16 of 16