Chicago police are searching for suspects in the despicable gang rape of a 15-year-old girl that was live streamed on Facebook — which was watched by 40 viewers who did not call authorities before the young lady was found safe, reports NBC News.
From NBC News:
And cops were only tipped off about the girl — who went missing on Sunday — after her mother approached Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson in person as he was leaving a police station in the Lawndale neighborhood on Chicago’s West Side late Monday afternoon, said police spokesman Officer Michele Tannehill.
The mother showed him screenshots of her daughter’s assault on Facebook Live and Johnson quickly dispatched investigators, who got Facebook to remove the video.
Police found the girl early Tuesday after “working around the clock,” tweeted police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi.
The girl was taken to the hospital to be checked out, and detectives are tracking down the owner of the Facebook page and the people seen in the video, reports WGN-TV.
Politicians Doing Time for Their Crime
1. Former Congressman William Jefferson1 of 17
2. Former Detroit City Council President Monica Conyers2 of 17
3. Former Ohio State Representative W. Carlton Weddington3 of 17
4. Sisters of corruption -Jane Orie, Joan Orie Melvin and Janine Orie4 of 17
5. Former Mississippi state prosecutor and judge Bobby DeLaughter5 of 17
6. Former New York State Senator Shirley Huntley6 of 17
7. Former Governor of Illinois and golden boy Rod Blagojevich7 of 17
8. Former Prince George’s County Council member Leslie Johnson8 of 17
9. Former Prince County Executive Jack B. Johnson9 of 17
10. Former Birmingham Mayor Larry Langford10 of 17
11. Former Federal District Judge Samuel B. Kent (Texas)11 of 17
12. Former New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin12 of 17
13. Former City Councilman Larry Seabrook13 of 17
14. Former New York State Senator Efrain Gonzalez14 of 17
15. Former Connecticut Governor John G. Rowland15 of 17
16. Former State Senator Dianne Wilkerson16 of 17
17. Current D.C. Council member Marion Barry17 of 17
No One Calls Police After Gruesome Chicago Gang Rape Of Teen Girl Live Streamed was originally published on newsone.com