Mathew Knowles opened up about growing up and his experience with racism in the South. According to BET, he revealed he dated White women and thought when he met ex-wife, Tina Lawson she was White. In his new book, “Racism: From the Eyes of a Child,” he talked about how his mother had a hard time being Black.
Knowles said, “When I was growing up, my mother used to say, ‘Don’t ever bring no nappy-head Black girl to my house.’ In the Deep South in the ’50s, ’60s and ’70s, the shade of your Blackness was considered important. So I, unfortunately, grew up hearing that message.” This made him date women of different races.
In his book he also opens up about going to therapy and how it helped him face a lot of his past. Knowles said, “I have a chapter in the book that talks about eroticized rage. I talk about going to therapy and sharing — one day I had a breakthrough — that I used to date mainly white women or very high-complexion Black women that looked white. I actually thought when I met Tina, my former wife, that she was white. Later, I found out that she wasn’t, and she was actually very much in-tune with her Blackness.”
- AFAF: Would you Delete a Picture If Your Friend Asked You To?
- Diva’s Daily Dirt: Biden Pardons Federal Convictions for Possessing Marijuana
- Noreaga Says Issa Rae Helped Him Realize He Was Being Too Messy On Drink Champs
- President Biden To Pardon All Federal Offenses Of Simple Marijuana Possession
- That’s The Way Love Goes: When Commenting “Love from the DMV” On Janet Jackson’s IG Live Causes Mad Confusion
- Nia Long Shares First Instagram Post On Mental Health Since Ime Udoka Cheating Scandal
- The Undressing Room Presented By Macy’s ‘Cap or No Cap’ | Episode 88
- Lori Harvey Gives Us A Slay In All Fur Ensemble For Paris Fashion Week
- Jordyn Woods Slays On Instagram In A Little Black Dress
- Ayesha Curry Gives Us Style Goals In Miu Miu For Paris Fashion Week
Why Mathew Knowles Brought Home Tina Lawson Even Though He Grew Up Dating White Women was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com