Mary J. Blige might be an amazing singer, but has been taking her talents to television lately. Deadline reports that the Academy Award nominee for “Mudbound” just landed a role on Netflix’s series “The Umbrella Academy.” The show is based upon a popular novel by Gerard Way.
“The Umbrella Academy” will follow members of a dysfunctional family of superheroes as they try to solve the mysterious death of their father. Blige will play a hit woman and will travel to kill assigned targets. She has a reputation to be sociopathic and believes in torturing people.
The show will be executive produced by Steve Blackman and Gerard Way will serve as the co-executive producer. There is no date on when the show will come out, but fans should be excited. Congratulations to Mary J. Blige on this new opportunity.
- Michael Cohen Sentenced to 3 Years In Prison!
- Nipsey Hussle Involved in a Nightclub altercation
- Politics as Usual: Madness in the White House
- “What’s Poppin!” – Trick Daddy Has A New Competition / Nicki Threatens TO Sue!!
- Praise! Chance The Rapper Going On Sabbatical To ‘Learn The Word Of God’
- T.I. ft. Victoria Monét “The Amazing Mr. F*ck Up,” Kodak Black “Testimony” & More | Daily Visuals
- Issa Rae Inks Multi-Picture Deal With Columbia, Giving Opportunities To Diverse Writers
- Kevin Hart’s Ex-Wife, Torrei Hart Comes To His Defense After Homophobic Tweets Go Viral
- Dwayne Wade And Gabrielle Union Share Delivery Room Footage
- Legacy: How Usher’s Music Brings Out The Inner Stripper In All Of Us