Mary J. Blige might be an amazing singer, but has been taking her talents to television lately. Deadline reports that the Academy Award nominee for “Mudbound” just landed a role on Netflix’s series “The Umbrella Academy.” The show is based upon a popular novel by Gerard Way.
“The Umbrella Academy” will follow members of a dysfunctional family of superheroes as they try to solve the mysterious death of their father. Blige will play a hit woman and will travel to kill assigned targets. She has a reputation to be sociopathic and believes in torturing people.
The show will be executive produced by Steve Blackman and Gerard Way will serve as the co-executive producer. There is no date on when the show will come out, but fans should be excited. Congratulations to Mary J. Blige on this new opportunity.
- Stay The Course [The Fam Vitamin]
- Danni’s Dish: Ferga – Missed It
- New Kicks Alert! Steph Curry Drops New Shoe In Honor Of His Wife!
- We Got A Problem “If She Asks To See Your Phone” [Video]
- The Fam Talk With Teens For Gun Reform About Their Lie-In Outside The White House
- Angie Ange Hot Topic: DC Public Schools Chancellor Antwan Wilson Resigns After Breaking Rule He Helped Write [Details]
- “Black Panther” Director To Reunite With Michael B. Jordan For Film About Atlanta Cheating Scandal
- How To Become A Lawyer Without Going To School [VIDEO]
- Wendy Williams Makes Shady Comment About Beyonce’s Singing [VIDEO]
- Trump Voters Want A White History Month