Mary J. Blige might be an amazing singer, but has been taking her talents to television lately. Deadline reports that the Academy Award nominee for “Mudbound” just landed a role on Netflix’s series “The Umbrella Academy.” The show is based upon a popular novel by Gerard Way.
“The Umbrella Academy” will follow members of a dysfunctional family of superheroes as they try to solve the mysterious death of their father. Blige will play a hit woman and will travel to kill assigned targets. She has a reputation to be sociopathic and believes in torturing people.
The show will be executive produced by Steve Blackman and Gerard Way will serve as the co-executive producer. There is no date on when the show will come out, but fans should be excited. Congratulations to Mary J. Blige on this new opportunity.
- The NFL Now Requires Players To Stand For The National Anthem
- J. Cole and Lil Pump Chop it up During a interview
- Tray Chaney Talks Saints & Sinners with Dj Gemini
- PurpleStride Washington D.C.
- Man Stabbed Outside National Portrait Gallery
- Timothy Cunningham’s Cause And Manner Of Death Has Been Determined
- Stacey Abrams Makes History In Georgia
- Instagram Intros New Mute Feature To Silence Annoying Friends & Family
- Meek Mill Mentions Drake On “What’s Beef” Remake [VIDEO]
- Jamie Foxx To Host The 2018 BET Awards