Mary J. Blige might be an amazing singer, but has been taking her talents to television lately. Deadline reports that the Academy Award nominee for “Mudbound” just landed a role on Netflix’s series “The Umbrella Academy.” The show is based upon a popular novel by Gerard Way.
“The Umbrella Academy” will follow members of a dysfunctional family of superheroes as they try to solve the mysterious death of their father. Blige will play a hit woman and will travel to kill assigned targets. She has a reputation to be sociopathic and believes in torturing people.
The show will be executive produced by Steve Blackman and Gerard Way will serve as the co-executive producer. There is no date on when the show will come out, but fans should be excited. Congratulations to Mary J. Blige on this new opportunity.
- Black As Night Star Asjha Cooper Addresses Colorism in Hollywood: ‘There Are Still Very Few That Look Like Me.”
- Aviation Program Launched At Baltimore Polytechnic Institute
- TT the Artist Proves That Authenticity Is The Key To Longevity In The Entertainment Industry
- The Undressing Room Presented By Macy’s Episode 39 “Spooky Season”
- Jeezy Recalls Jay-Z Having His Back In A Fist Fight: “Hov Got Hands!”
- Citizen’s Arrest Law Used To Defend Ahmaud Arbery’s Killers Is Rooted In Slavery
- Rapper Nia Kay Pays Homage To Da Brat For Halloween
- NeNe Say’s Cynthia Bailey Didn’t Show Up For Greg’s Memorial
- College Football Player Charged With Murder Of Trans Woman He Claims Catfished Him On Tinder
- Jaimesha Thomas aka ThatGirlJayCole Gives Birth To A Baby Boy!