A Frederick County Grand Jury has indicted 68-year-old Dr. Ernesto Torres on 65 additional sexual abuse related charges after 11 victims came forward following his initial rape accusation of a patient, according to Frederick County State’s Attorney’s Office.
Torres, who was free on $100,000 bond in the earlier case, was arrested Monday afternoon, with a bond review set for Tuesday in Frederick Circuit Court.
The new indictment includes nine counts of child sex abuse, 10 counts of sex abuse of a minor, 43 counts of third-degree sex offense, two counts of second-degree sex offense and one count of second-degree assault.
The 12 victims were Torres’ patients and all were female. The youngest victim being 11-years-old.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
For The Latest News: Follow @‘wolbbaltimore’
#WeWillPersist: 10 Black Women Who Deserve Their Own Monuments
1. Black Girls Rock!Source: 1 of 11
2. Missy ElliottSource: 2 of 11
3. Former First Lady Michelle ObamaSource: 3 of 11
4. Congresswoman Maxine WatersSource: 4 of 11
5. Harriet TubmanSource: 5 of 11
6. Viola DavisSource: 6 of 11
7. Ida Bell Wells-BarnettSource: 7 of 11
8. Sojourner TruthSource: 8 of 11
9. Serena WilliamsSource: 9 of 11
10. Rosa ParksSource: 10 of 11
11. Shirley ChisholmSource: 11 of 11
Maryland Pediatrician Indicted on 65 Charges After Rape Accusation was originally published on wolbbaltimore.com