After a string of chart-topping albums, hit singles and huge guest appearances on some of the biggest songs over the past ten years, it should come as no surprise that Drake was named Artist of the Decade at the 2021 Billboard Music Awards.
The 34-year-old rapper was on hand for the show, which took place Sunday night (May 23) at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles. Alongside Drake was his son, Adonis Graham.
Adonis seemed to suffer a little stage fright as he stood next to his famous father. The cameras, crowd and stage eventually became too much, and the toddler broke out in tears.
“I want to dedicate this award to you.” Drake told the crying 3-year-old.
“I didn’t really write a grandiose speech about how to make it work or what it took,” said Drake during his acceptance speech.
“To be honest with you, I don’t quite understand it myself but I just know that I’ve spent an incalculable amount of hours trying to analyze all the things I did wrong.”
Mariah Carey won Artist of the Decade in the 1990s and Eminem took the title in the 2000s.
Following the award show Drake headed to SoFi Stadium, home of the L.A. Rams and Chargers, and celebrated his much-deserved win.
- Hip Hop Spot: Bobby Shmurda & Lil Baby Are Giving Back To Their Communities
- Who’s Cappin?! Kevin McCall Lashes Out On Interviewer Over Questions About Abusing Eva Marcille
- Chris Brown Being Investigated For Allegedly Slapping Woman’s Weave Out
- Investigation Underway of Over 60 Car Break-Ins In Alexandria
- So That’s What We’re Doing: EP 7 WE DID IT JOE!
- Father’s Day Recap
- Jury Chooses To Convict Ex-St. Louis Police Officer in Brutal Beating of Undercover Black Cop
- NY State Trooper Pepper Sprayed & Rammed Family’s SUV, Leading To Death Of 11-Year-Old Black Girl
- Tristan Thompson + Khloé Kardashian Split Yet Again Following New Cheating Rumors and Alleged Mansion Party Threesome
- So What Did Usher Say to Make T-Pain Depressed?
Joe Budden Trashes Co-Host & 10 Other Industry Beefs Caught On-Air
1. Tupac Goes Off On The Hughes Brothers1 of 10
2. Puff Daddy Trades Words With The LOX2 of 10
3. Sway Has To Check An Emotional Kanye3 of 10
4. Nas Vs. Everybody4 of 10
5. Beanie Sigel Makes A Call To Gillie The Kid5 of 10
6. Joe Budden Gets Tired Of The Migos6 of 10
7. Birdman Tells The Breakfast Club to Put Some Respect His Name7 of 10
8. Cam'ron and Jim Jones Call Mase & Things Get Ugly8 of 10
9. 50 Cent And Cam'ron Trade Words During Interview9 of 10
10. Onyx Member Threatens to "Slam" Charlamagne10 of 10
Drake’s Son Bursts Into Tears As Dad Named ‘Artist Of The Decade’ was originally published on zhiphopcleveland.com