Superbowl LVI may go down in history as one of the best games and the most epic for performances. Black star power was in full force with major celebrities like Mary Mary, Jhene Aiko, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, 50 Cent, Mary J. Blige, Kendrick Lamar, Mickey Guyton and more all taking the stage. And not only did they put on great performances but many made major fashion statements while giving the performance of a lifetime.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Country superstar Mickey Guyton sang the national anthem wearing American designer Sergio Hudson. You may not know Hudson by name but we are sure you’ve seen his fashions on Michelle Obama, Kamala Harris, J.Lo, and now Mickey Guyton. Guyton wore a stunning cobalt blue gown with exaggerated shoulders and a belt pinching her waist.
Queen of hip hop soul Mary J. Blige took the stage during halftime and sang two of her hits wearing a custom look from Peter Dundas. The white two piece look had irreverent sequin that was in the pattern of leopard print. And of course Mary had on her signature thigh high boots to complete the look. Dundas is not stranger to dressing the top stars and has been known to dress the likes of Beyonce, Ciara, Reese Witherspoon, Rita Ora and more.
Compton native Kendrick Lamar also took the stage at half-time performing in a militant look designed by the late great Virgil Abloh. The look is part of Abloh’s final collection for Louis Vuitton FW22 that was released just after his death in 2021. Along with the suit Kendrick wore accessories from Tiffany and Co.
- Kyle’s Message Of The Day: Decide Who You Won’t Be!
- Wendy Williams’ Reps Reveal Dementia And Aphasia Diagnosis Plan To Sue Lifetime
- Take Our Music Survey For A Chance To Win Tickets To ‘Love Hard Tour’ Starring Keyshia Cole, Trey Songz, K Michelle + $250!
- Republicans Are Counting On Racist Stereotypes To Attract Black Voters For Trump
- Lecrae Talks Grammy Wins, New Music & More!
- Never Forget: Ahmaud Arbery Was Lynched By Racist Murderers On This Day In American History
- When Will Judge Rule Whether Fani Willis Is Disqualified From Trump RICO Case?
- Porsha Williams Divorcing Simon Guobadia After 15-Month Marriage
- J. Cole Teases Next Album With Teaser Verse On Social Media
- Adidas To Sell The Last Of Their Yeezy Stock In 2024
Superbowl LVI Style: Mary J. Blige, Kendrick Lamar, and Mickey Guyton was originally published on mycolumbuspower.com
29 Pictures Of Lady Gaga’s Great Ass [PHOTOS]
Who Is Julius & Why Does The BeyHive Love Beyoncé’s Long Time Bodyguard?
Bravo Fans React To Porsha Williams Filing For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of Marriage
Who TF Did I Marry: You Won’t Believe This Georgia Woman’s 6-Hour Viral TikTok Story Of Betrayal
27 Insane Pictures Of Iggy Azalea’s Booty (PHOTOS)
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2024
Usher Shares Photos From His Wedding After His Super Bowl Performance
20 Creepiest Things To Whisper In Someone’s Ear While Hugging