Denzel Washington has been married to his wife Pauletta for 39 years, and in a recent interview he explained what helps make a marriage strong: space. He also doesn’t believe you folks who sing songs about love at first sight. You know you didn’t like your spouse like that!
Well, as Denzel was quoted as putting it: “People who say they knew [their spouse was the right one when they met] are lying! It’s a marathon, not a sprint.”
So yeah, everyone jog for the long haul.
Meanwhile on Hollywood and the need for space in marriage, the Oscar winner explained: “Hollywood gets a bad rap. It’s just a place with some footprints in cement. I don’t live there, I live in Los Angeles. But it’s probably helped our marriage that we’re apart a lot.”
Now go forth and find love…then have the occasional long distance relationship with it to strengthen the union.
Find us on Facebook!
- Happy Birthday Uncle Rush!!!! Hip Hop Mogul Russell Simmons Turns 55 Today!!
- How To Get Your Music On 93.9 WKYS
- Nicki Minaj Throws Shots At Mariah Carey On Twitter
- Bow Wow Addresses “Broke” Rumors [EXCLUSIVE]
- Enter to Win “Flying Swords of Dragon Gate” on DVD
4 Ugly Hip-Hop Award Show Fights [VIDEOS]
1. Rick Ross vs. Young Jeezy1 of 4
2. Riot At Twin City Hip Hop Award Show2 of 4
3. Brawl at 2004 Vibe Awards3 of 4
4. DMV Hip Hop Awards 20114 of 4