The Mary J. Blige and Steve Stoute Foundation for the Advancement of Women Now, known as FFAWN, is having financial troubles and has been hit with two lawsuits.
Like us on Facebook!
According to The NY Post, a group of musicians who performed at a fundraising gala for the charity in 2011 were never paid for their work.
“We got a whole series of checks — rubber,” said Harvey Mars, a lawyer representing 30 musicians and others. The group is suing for almost $200,000 in wages and penalties for nonpayment.
TD Bank is also suing the charity for defaulting on a $250,000 loan from June of 2011.
The FFAWN office was in the headquarters of mogul Steve Stoute’s Translation marketing firm. But a receptionist told The Post that the charity was no longer there and its current location was unknown to her.
The Foundation was launched in 2007 and, according to Blige, was responsible for sending 23 young women to college. Last year she auctioned off an internship with Jay-Z, and a chance to meet Lady Gaga to raise money for the charity.
- Thug Life? Justin Bieber Attacks Paparazzi?
- Chris Brown Gets At Raz B For Starting Rumors About His Sexuality!
- Happy Memorial Day To All Of The Men & Women Serving Our Country!
- Beyonce Loses 60lbs For Her Comeback Performance In Atlantic City [PHOTOS]
- DMVs OWN: Black Cobain Talks About Wale Comparisons, Fat Trel and More