Put away your confetti people–Queen Latifah has gone on the record denying that she came out of the closet at last month’s Long Beach Pride Event. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Latifah was asked if attending the event was her “coming out party” to which she replied:
“That definitely wasn’t the case. I’ve never dealt with the question of my personal life in public. It’s just not gonna happen.”
Not one to turn her back on the LGBT community, Ms. Owens went on to say:
“To me, doing a gay pride show is one of the most fun things. My first show that paid more than $10,000 was in a gay club on New Year’s Eve in San Francisco. Tupac happened to be in town, so he came to kick it with me. This was the early ’90s. And the boys were like, ‘Take your shirt off, Tupac!’ He wasn’t doing that. But we had a blast in there.”
Seeing as the public has come to their own conclusions with pictures of Latifah and her various girlfriends over the years, is it necessary for her to announce she’s a lesbian? Sound off in the comments section below.
- Russ Parr Knew His Film “The Undershepherd” Wouldn’t Be Accepted [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
- Why Chiddy Bang Won’t End Up Like Most Hip-Hop Groups [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Floyd Mayweather Turns Himself In! 50 Cent Escorts Him To Jail
- George Zimmerman Heads Back To Jail! Bond Revoked!!
- [Hot Topic] How Would You Feel If At 19 Years Old You Were Told You Couldn’t Walk?
Queen Latifah Denies Coming Out At Gay Pride Event was originally published on theurbandaily.com