Bilal’s new album “A Love Surreal” will be in stores February 26, 2013. In this intimate clip he talks about the evolution of his recording process and how he has altered his approach to making music.
“I went into this album with the idea that I was only going to do an EP of five songs,”he says with a laugh. “I had two old songs and I said all we have to do is write three new songs and put out an EP. Somehow it turned into a thirteen song album…By the fifth day we were like ‘damn, we made a mistake and wrote five extra songs.”
Watch as he discusses recording at his mother’s house and wanting to be a musical scientist.
Get more of the latest music news on TheUrbanDaily.com:
- Beyonce Sings National Anthem LIVE At Press Conference And Addresses Controversy
- Career Day At St. Thomas More Catholic School In DC
- Party Time on Your Radio!
- Man’s Hair Shaved Off And Stolen At Party, Dreadlock Thefts Rise In South Africa
- DMV Artists Get Air Play On The “TRENDING WITH EZ” Show [AUDIO]