All hail the Carters.
Bey and Jay were first rumored to be dating back in 2002, when they were spotted at basketball games and started making cameos in each other’s videos. Because the status of their relationship has always been air-tight, no one knows the exact number of years they’ve been together; both always avoided answering the question. However, we can safely say the two musicians have been tight for over a decade–a feat most entertainment couples cannot achieve.
With breakup rumors, a miscarriage, a public family dispute, and finally a child under their belt, the Carters have made it through it all. Following sold out concerts, history-making albums, and Tidal feats in the music industry, the couple showed that true love can literally conquer the world.
In commemoration of the first couple of music’s seventh wedding anniversary, here is a compilation of all the songs in which they referred to each other.
’03 Bonnie & Clyde
It all started when Beyonce was featured in this one video, where Jay called the young Bey his “thoroughest girl,” his “soldier,” and his “rider.”
Crazy In Love
Young Hov reciprocated the gesture and made an appearance in “Crazy in Love,” where BB admitted that if Jay “ain’t there, ain’t nobody else there to impress.”
On the same album, Beyonce also admitted to being in love with a Sagittarius who put her through a whirlwind of emotions.
That’s How You Like It
The budding lovebirds collaborated on yet another track where they did nothing but shower each other with compliments–with Beyonce saying:
I like the way you walk
The way you talk
The way you dress
The way you smile
I like the way you are
The way you ain’t
I like your honesty, integrity,
It levels me, so please don’t ever change.
And Jay Z responding:
Well, baby girl, put ya foot down
Don’t let‘em push you around, you know what you like
Baby thug, you know wrong from right
You done felt wrong before
This can’t be what it feel like
PSA (Public Service Announcement)
We just cannot forget that time Jay said he had “the hottest chick in the game wearing [his] chain.” Iconic.
All Around The World
Jay revealed that his ideal world would have a pool with “100 Beyonces.”
Without getting into specifics, Beyonce coyly sang:
We like dem boys up top from the BK
Know how to flip that money three ways
Always ridin’ big on the freeway
(Wit that east coast slang that us country girls we like)
Low cut caesars wit the deep waves
So quick to snatch up your Beyonce
No one else fits this description better than Jay.
Rumor has it that Jay is referring to his and Beyonce’s brief breakup in the second verse. We won’t ever know the truth.
It all worked out and the couple remained solid, with the Queen Bey admitting to having withdrawals when she’s away from her bae.
Empire State of Mind
Though this hit was all about being from the concrete jungle, Jay Z couldn’t help but throw wifey’s name out there spitting, “Cruisin’ down 8th St., off-white Lexus/Drivin’ so slow, but BK is from Texas.”
On her third solo album and first as Mrs. Carter, Beyonce thought we should all know that her man got a big ego.
This love ballad was all about being hopelessly in love.
In this heartfelt song featuring Kanye West, Jay speaks to his unborn son and promises to stick by his side, despite the difficulties that come with being married.
Nothing says my chick bad better than bragging about her net worth. Jay reportedly dissed Lil Wayne with the lyrics:
I’m like really half a billi nigga
Really you got baby money
Keep it real with niggas
niggas ain’t got my lady money
Bey might as well have called this song, “I love me some Jay Z.”
Proving to truly be Hov’s Bonnie, Beyonce lays it all out for her man in this song.
Not only did he refer to Blue Blue, he also took the Destiny’s Child reference and ran with it.
Beach Is Better
Jay pretty much let us know that no one should be late unless they’re coming out looking like his superstar wife.
The time Jay compared his wife to a timeless work of art.
Mr. Carter also gave his ride or die a shout-out when he was featured on this track.
Drunk In Love
On her fifth album, Bey collaborated with Jay Z once again and gave us a glimpse of their romantic night out.
She also revealed some interesting information about what happens when they’re in the back of the limo.
Happy Anniversary to the Carters.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Beyonce, Blue Ivy & Jay Z Jet To Iceland For Fun In The Snow (PHOTOS)
1. Beyonce & Jay Z show off their fly winter fashion while flying around Iceland in a helicopter.1 of 17
2. Beyonce takes in the sights from above.2 of 17
3. Bey and her hubby slip away for some relaxing time in the resort's hot tub.3 of 17
4. Beyonce shows off her ***flawless look while cruising in a chopper.4 of 17
5. Jay suits up to keep warm while playing in the snow with his family.5 of 17
6. Check out the spread at this over the top spread!6 of 17
7. Bey and Jay let Blue Ivy take the wheel for a few minutes.7 of 17
8. The Carter's hop on a snow mobile for a ride around Iceland.8 of 17
9. After their ride the couple and their crew get down and dirty in the snow!9 of 17
10. Jay takes in the sights from his window-side seat.10 of 17
11. Bey and Jay share some bubbly while enjoying a beautiful snowfall.11 of 17
12. A view of the gorgeous countryside from the helicopter.12 of 17
13. Mr. and Mrs. Carter throw up their roc in front of a beautiful waterfall.13 of 17
14. Bey shows off her adorable ratchet side while warming up in the hot tub with her man.14 of 17
15. Check out the huge smile on Jay's face during his 45th birthday dinner!15 of 17
16. Gorgeous!16 of 17
17. The hardest working couple in hip-hop slipped away to pop some bottle during their well-deserved vacation.17 of 17
Drunk In Love: 22 Times Jay Z & Beyonce Gushed About Each Other In Their Lyrics was originally published on globalgrind.com