And if you’re anyone who knows anything about music, Troy Ave’s portfolio can’t hold a candle to Yeezy’s collection. So why does he talk so much sh*t? Well, that’s still up for debate.
The Brooklyn rapper found himself a top trending topic on Twitter when Nielsen Soundscan released the sales to his Major Without A Deal album. According to Soundscan, Troy Ave moved 4,373 copies of Major Without A Deal, including 30 – yes, 30 – physical copies.
Pretty terrible numbers for most artists, but for an indie artist, the numbers aren’t that bad (we guess). Now, to Troy’s defense, these weren’t the full week’s numbers, due to the “Doo Doo” rapper’s decision to release his album on a Friday, instead of the industry standard Tuesday.
Troy Ave stopped by Power 105’s The Breakfast Club to discuss his dismal album sales, and well, the interview is 40 minutes of crazy.
From comparing himself to Jackie Robinson and Malcolm X, to equating criticism to slavery, Troy Ave may be the most delusional rapper of all time. At this point, the only person more full of sh*t than Troy Ave is the “transracial” fraud Rachel Dolezal.
Currently, Major Without A Deal (released June 5th) isn’t even in the top 100 albums on the iTunes charts and number 109 on the Billboard 200. To put things in perspective, Drake’s 2013 album Nothing Was The Same is sitting at 103 on the Billboard 200 and Beyonce’s 2013 self-titled album is sitting at 109.
Check out the 10 most outrageous things Troy Ave claimed during his interview with The Breakfast Club in the gallery below.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
10 Outrageous Things Troy Ave Said During His Breakfast Club Interview
1. "What have I done? I saved a whole generation of people from being drug addicts, and turning up, & wearing tight pants."Source:Getty 1 of 10
2. "I'm the one who put it out there that you can't mix & match brands. I put that out there."Source:Getty 2 of 10
3. "For someone to try to tear me down, or slander me is like...it's like modern-day slavery...."Source:Getty 3 of 10
4. "I only want to make $5 million dollars. $5 million, I'ma be rich forever."Source:Getty 4 of 10
5. "What's 1000 x 5? What 500,000? 50,000?"Source:Getty 5 of 10
6. "I'm like Jackie Robinson with a racist fan. Or like Michael Jordan when he's seen putting his hand up and someone in the crowd is like 'hey, f*ck you!'"Source:Getty 6 of 10
7. "I just came from Miami...my life is getting crazy!"Source:Getty 7 of 10
8. "These aren't regular sneakers. These are the high top Air Force 1s, they're a little more money than the low top. I wouldn't do the low top. You feel me?"Source:Getty 8 of 10
9. "I got 11,000 in my pocket, but I don't care cause I'm focused."Source:Getty 9 of 10
10. "When I see him [Manolo Rose], I'll probably give him a wedgie or slam him or some shit."Source:Getty 10 of 10
The 10 Most Outrageous Things Troy Ave Said On “The Breakfast Club” was originally published on globalgrind.com