It’s been 11 years since director Nick Cassavetes bestowed the masterpiece of all iconic romantic movies upon this planet. I’m sure you don’t need any more information to know what it is we’re talking about – The Notebook.
The movie changed thousands of lives the second it was released on June 25th, 2004, when every woman in America fell for Ryan Gosling as they watched Noah and Allie fall desperately in love. I vividly remember feeling out of breath after watching it for the first time – like it had stolen a piece of my soul (or at least a few beats of my heart) from my very body. That’s how miraculous of a story this movie was. To this day, I still compare most movies to The Notebook and rarely watch anything in the “Romance” section on-demand unless it has either Ryan Gosling or Rachel McAdams in its cast.
In honor of The Notebook‘s 11-year anniversary, I have compiled 11 of Noah’s best lines that you can only pray your boyfriend will say to you at some point in your relationship. Ryan Gosling got all these out in just over two hours, which makes me believe there is hope for us all.
1. “So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s going to be really hard. We’re gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you.”
Can you imagine a world where all men were that beautifully and painfully honest? I’d bet money on the divorce rate decreasing big time.
2. “It wasn’t over… it still isn’t over.”
Every single girl who kinda sorta still loves her ex wishes he would show up at her doorstep reciting this line, followed by the passionate embrace that accompanies this scene. This is assuming, of course, that your ex doesn’t completely suck, which is highly unlikely.
3. “If you’re a bird, I’m a bird.”
My heart physically hurts in the best of ways every time I hear Ryan Gosling utter these seven words. Oh, to be young and in love and hoping to be reincarnated into the same species.
4. “You’re bored Allie. You’re bored and you know it. You wouldn’t be here if there wasn’t something missing.”
Again, that whole “honesty” thing that apparently exists.
5. “I could be whatever you want. You just tell me what you want, and I’m gonna be that for you.”
Seriously guys, if you’re having issues with the ladies, just watch this movie once. It has literally all of the answers.
6. “Stop thinking about what I want, what he wants, what your parents want. What do you want?”
Noah. You want Noah, Allie. Stop being dumb.
7. “I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day.”
I’m pretty sure it was this line that made the first of many substantial and heavy tears fall from the inner corner of my eyes. Take notes, people.
8. “I wrote 365 letters. I wrote you everyday for a year.”
The day I find out that my boyfriend wrote me 365 letters everyday for a year with a pen and paper will likely be the same day my heart stops entirely. That sh*t just does not happen in real life.
9. “Would you just stay with me?”
Word of advice to any of the men reading this, putting things simply can, every so often and when appropriate, be a real game changer. Sometimes the fewer words, the better.
10. “I think our love can do anything we want it to.”
I think my left aorta just convulsed.
11. “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that’s what you’ve given me.”
There are no more words. Thanks to Nicholas Sparks, every woman who’s fallen victim to The Notebook has an (unfortunately) fictional expectation of what constitutes romance, which most of them very much carry into reality.
We can only hope that the men of the world will swallow their pride, watch the movie, and take thorough notes.
SOURCE: IMDB | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
25 Sexy Pictures Of Ryan Gosling
1. Angel Face.Source:Getty 1 of 24
2. He's too adorable to be real.Source:Getty 2 of 24
3. OMGosling….That stare!Source:Getty 3 of 24
4. The sexy side-eye.Source:Getty 4 of 24
5. You know you're gorgeous when you look great next to Clooney.Source:Getty 5 of 24
6. Boys in bow ties are the best.Source:Getty 6 of 24
7. Oh my, Mr. Gosling.Source:Getty 7 of 24
8. Even he has to thank the heavens for his good looks.Source:Getty 8 of 24
9. Guys fall for his charm too.Source:Getty 9 of 24
10. Ryan's now a serious DILF.Source:Getty 10 of 24
11. The fact that he's a self-proclaimed momma's boy makes him even hotter.Source:Getty 11 of 24
12. The scruff makes him sexier (if that's even possible).Source:Getty 12 of 24
13. One look from him, and you'd be reenacting scenes from "The Notebook."Source:Getty 13 of 24
14. …But he's super sexy as Eva's Ryan.Source:Getty 14 of 24
15. That's one hunky man...Source:Getty 15 of 24
16. Such a stud.Source:Getty 16 of 24
17. Looking good, Ryan.Source:Getty 17 of 24
18. If loving him is wrong, we don't want to be right.Source:Getty 18 of 24
19. Dreamy.Source:Getty 19 of 24
20. What a smile.Source:Getty 20 of 24
21. He's got a little badass in him.Source:Getty 21 of 24
22. Maybe he's got a lot of badass in him.Source:Getty 22 of 24
23. There goes that sly smile.Source:Getty 23 of 24
24. Up close and gorgeous.Source:Getty 24 of 24
11 Lines From “The Notebook” You Wish Your Boyfriend Would Write Down was originally published on globalgrind.com