Vice President elect Mike Pence has not been shy about his thoughts on Planned Parenthood. Even though Planned Parenthood provide healthcare and family planning for those in socioeconomic need, he is highly against the organization because they provide abortions (even though that’s only 3% of their services).
“If Planned Parenthood wants to be involved in providing counseling services and HIV testing, they ought not be in the business of providing abortions. As long as they aspire to do that, I’ll be after them.” ~ Mike Pence, 2011
Since the election, people unhappy (and scared) with the results have been trolling Mike Pence in the most ultimate way.
When you make a donation to Planned Parenthood, you can make one in Mike Pence’s honor and the Vice President elect will get a thank you card.
Since the election over 160K donations have been made to Planned Parenthood (that’s only in a week and a half!) and 12.5% of those (approx. 20K) is in honor of Mike Pence.
What I would do for a photo of all those thank you notes piled high in his office.
This is what trolling for good looks like.
True Strength: Celebrities Who’ve Been Open About Their Mental Health Issues
1. Lady Gaga once told Billboard about her depression, “I’ve suffered through depression and anxiety my entire life. I just want these kids to know that this modern thing, where everyone is feeling shallow and less connected? That’s not human.”Source: 1 of 10
2. Adele once admitted that anxiety attacks keep her from playing large festivals and arenas.Source: 2 of 10
3. Jennifer Lawrence once revealed that she suffered from social anxiety as soon as she started school.Source: 3 of 10
4. Kid Cudi checked himself into rehab in October for depression and suicidal thoughts.Source: 4 of 10
5. After a stint in rehab for anorexia, bulimia, and cutting, Demi Lovato discovered that she was manic depressive/bipolar. She told People, “I feel like I am in control now, where for my whole life, I wasn’t in control.”Source: 5 of 10
6. Kanye West reportedly felt suicidal after the death of his mother in 2007.Source: 6 of 10
7. Zayn Malik’s anxiety is often so crippling, it’s caused him to cancel shows.Source: 7 of 10
8. Britney Spears knows a thing or two about social anxiety, saying, “I’m not good in large groups, I just make everything awkward.”Source: 8 of 10
9. The Rock talked to Oprah about his depression, saying, “I wish I had someone at that time who could just pull me aside and say, ‘Hey, it’s gonna be okay. It’ll be okay.'”Source: 9 of 10
10. Kerry Washington once spoke about her depression and unhealthy relationship with food and exercise in college, saying, “I think it’s really important to take the stigma away from mental health.”Source: 10 of 10
Trolling For A Cause: Over 20K Donations To Planned Parenthood Made In Mike Pence’s Name was originally published on hellobeautiful.com