According to the New York Times, Barackand Michelle Obama are making history yet again with their new book deal with Penguin Random House. The company revealed they will publish coming books by the former President and First Lady after concluding a heated auction among multiple publishers, where the bidding reached more than $60 million. Although the terms of the agreement were not disclosed, Penguin Random House acquired worldwide publication rights for two memoirs written by the iconic couple.
Sources say the Obamas may have set a record breaking deal in excess of $65 million. However, Barack and Michelle plan to stay true to form and plan to donate a “significant portion of their author proceeds to charity,” including the Obama Foundation. Among other publishers who bid on the Obama deal were HarperCollins and Simon & Schuster.
No word on what the subject matter of the two forthcoming books will be or a time frame for when they’ll be published, but judging by all the groundbreaking moments from the Obamas time in the White House, the books will definitely be a refreshing treat during these trying times.
1. We'll never forget the moment President Obama said Trayvon Martin could have been his son.
1 of 13
2. And let's not forget President Obama was the man behind capturing and killing Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden.
2 of 13
3. He also rejoiced when the Supreme Court ruled in favor of protecting same-sex marriage.
3 of 13
4. He always gets his hands a little dirty.
4 of 13
5. He was never afraid to have a good time.
5 of 13
6. The White House was always lit, and full of celebs.
6 of 13
7. He genuinely, wholeheartedly, loves the kids.
7 of 13
8. Plus, he's all about b-ball.
8 of 13
9. He made two of our favorite players the happiest men on Earth.
9 of 13
10. Despite his insane schedule, he's a pretty hands on dad.
10 of 13
11. ... And what a beautiful example for men on how to treat the ladies in your life.
11 of 13
12. There will never be another as suave as President Obama & for that alone, we're thankful.
12 of 13
13. He gave us hope...
13 of 13
Continue reading 13 Reasons We Are Still Thankful For President Barack Obama
13 Reasons We Are Still Thankful For President Barack Obama
The nation has not been the same since Barack Obama completed his final term as President of the United States in January.
Considering the state of America today, there are so many reasons to be grateful for having Barry O. in our lives for the past eight years. Check out these 13 reasons why we're still thankful for Barack Obama — forever our president.