Oprah Winfrey’s award-winning series Oprah’s Master Class presents a touching tribute to the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. through the personal memories of Georgia’s Democratic Rep. John Lewis, a civil rights legend in his own right. Here’s a preview of the episode, which airs Jan. 15 at 10 p.m. on OWN.
“Oprah’s Master Class” features interviews with legendary figures in entertainment, politics and sports. They share personal stories about the triumphs and failures that shaped their lives and the lessons they learned on the path to success. In the upcoming episode, Lewis talks about his friendship with Dr. King and recalls his playful side.
Lewis also tearfully remembers the day an assassin’s bullet struck Dr. King. The future congressman was working on Robert Kennedy’s presidential campaign when he heard the news. After Charlottesville and with the ongoing effort to dismantle President Barack Obama’s legacy, there’s still plenty of work to be done. Lewis urges the next generation to pick up the mantle and engage in the struggle for justice and equality.
Good 'Ol Days: Barack Obama Was Nominated For President By The DNC 11 Years Ago
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 14
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 14
5. Two TermsSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Michelle and Barack Host a State DinnerSource:Getty 6 of 14
7. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 8 of 14
9. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 9 of 14
10. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 10 of 14
11. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 11 of 14
12. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 12 of 14
13. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 13 of 14
14 of 14
"The future rewards those who press on. I don't have time to feel sorry for myself. I don't have time to complain. I'm going to press on."— BrooklynDad_Defiant! (@mmpadellan) February 18, 2019
-- President Barack Obama
Happy #PresidentsDay, Mr. President! We ❤️ you!@BarackObama pic.twitter.com/xhQEb4OG1U
Here’s A Preview Of Rep. John Lewis Sharing His Memories Of Dr. King was originally published on newsone.com