You may know Tray Chaney from his roll on the HBO Hit TV Show “The Wire”, also from his books and his Music. The DMV native, stopped by 93.9 WKYS to hang out with Dj Gemini and talk about his latest roll on the hit TV Show Saints & Sinners.
9 Actors Who Got Their Start On “The Wire” (PHOTOS)
18 photos Launch gallery
1. Idris Elba: Though the actor did an incredible job playing the kingpin Stringer Bell, clearly, he still fell victim to the fashions of the early 2000s.
1 of 18
2. All cleaned up, Idris went on to play bad-guy-turned-good in Tyler Perry’s “Daddy’s Little Girls,” as well as anti-apartheid leader Nelson Mandela.
2 of 18
3. Michael B Jordan: Where’s Wallace? The actor played drug-dealing teenager Wallace, who (SPOILER ALERT) got murdered for snitching.
3 of 18
4. All grown up and breaking hearts across the globe, the actor starred in the critically acclaimed “Fruitvale Station” and is set to star as the Human Torch.
4 of 18
5. Tristan “Mack” Wilds: Played the ultimate do-gooder, who tried his best to protect his friends and sibling.
5 of 18
6. Today, the multi-talented actor also doubles as a rapper, going by the name Mack Wilds to differentiate his rapping career from his acting.
6 of 18
7. Wendell Pierce: Played the smart Detective William ‘Bunk’ Moreland, who, like his partner, struggled with alcoholism.
7 of 18
8. Pierce has since made appearances in box office hits such as “Horrible Bosses,” as well as popular TV shows like “Hawthorne.”
8 of 18
9. Wood Harris: Played Avon Barksdale, the biggest drug dealer in Baltimore.
9 of 18
10. Harris went on to star in movies such as “Next Day Air” and “The Watsons Go To Birmingham.”
10 of 18
11. Seth Gilliam: Played Detective Ellis Carver, who eventually earned his stripes as a good cop.
11 of 18
12. The actor has now made his rounds, starring in hit television shows such as “The Walking Dead” and “Teen Wolf.”
12 of 18
13. Michael Kenneth Williams: Played the notorious hitman Omar Little.
13 of 18
14. Michael has also made his way to big television shows such as “Boardwalk Empire” and even snagged himself a small role in “12 Years A Slave.”
14 of 18
15. Chad L Coleman: Played Dennis “Cutty” Wise, whose nickname came from having spent time in the cut.
15 of 18
16. Coleman made his way to big screen hits such as “The Green Hornet” and is currently starring in “The Walking Dead.”
16 of 18
17. Gbenga Akinnagbe: Plays the no-nonsense drug dealer Chris Partlow.
17 of 18
18. The actor went on to star in “The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3,” co-starring Denzel Washington, as well as “Edge of Darkness.”
18 of 18