I know reading the title of this article may have already turned some away but hear me out (This tip is mainly for Black people traveling to Black countries). Travel prep can get overwhelming, not only having to make sure everything you need is packed for the duration of your trip, plus making sure all your at home and work responsibilities are covered, we can’t forget about making your time on vacation as effortless as possible. Planning out the right shoes, outfits, jewelry and of course your hairstyle is extremely important!
When traveling as a Black woman, I personally like to have my hair in braids which includes twists or locs. Normally I braid my own hair but to take one less thing off my plate before going on vacation, I like to get it done by someone else. So far I’ve been able to get my hair done in two countries, Senegal and Ghana. I’m encouraging others to do the same when you travel as this not only contributes to the economy in another way outside of tourism, it also helps that stylist build up their cliental, it’s usually a lot cheaper than in America and the experience is one you’ll never forget. Checkout the videos below of me getting my hair done Dakar, Senegal and Accra, Ghana. Make sure to leave a comment if you’ve done this before too!
Senegalese Twists In Dakar, Senegal
Braids In Accra, Ghana
READ MORE TRAVEL NEWS:
- Here’s How You Could Get A Free Lyft Ride In Maryland This Holiday Season
- 24/7 Speed Cameras To Be Installed At 21 New Locations In Bowie For Safer Driving
- Airlines Keep Accusing Parents Of Biracial Kids Of Trafficking Their Own Children
- 5 Beauty Products You Need In Your Travel Makeup Bag
- Slow Down: New Speed Cameras Coming To Anne Arundel County
- Anticipated Opening of Purple Line Delayed Until Spring 2027
- Register for the 2024 Fantastic Voyage!
- 10 Misconceptions About The Continent of Africa
- Frontier Airlines Celebrates 29th Anniversary with Unbeatable $29 Flights Today Only!
- Environmental Groups File Motion To Block Toll Lanes On I-495 and I-270
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
Travel Tip: Wait Until You’re At Your Destination To Get Your Hair Done When Traveling Abroad was originally published on mymajicdc.com
Ciara’s 10K for the Holidays
Is Ashanti Pregnant? X Users Think Nelly Has ‘Sealed The Deal’
29 Pictures Of Lady Gaga’s Great Ass [PHOTOS]
27 Insane Pictures Of Iggy Azalea’s Booty (PHOTOS)
Thanksgiving Mac & Cheese’s Most Viral Moments
WORLD AIDS DAY: Remembering Black Celebrities We Lost
Blueface Goes OFF on Chrisean Rock After He ‘Rescues’ His Baby From Sitter at 4am
Queens Get The Money: Meet NYC Booty Banging Adult Star Moriah Mills [PHOTOS]