Although the world has been waiting for another Fugees studio album, it doesn’t look like it will happen before hell freezes over. Wyclef Jean‘s recent interview didn’t do anything to ease Fugees fans’ minds.
While speaking to Montreality, Wyclef talked about his former rhyme partner and her tax evasion case. Jean admitted he and Lauryn Hill haven’t spoken in a while. “Actually, you know, I ain’t speak to Lauryn. It’s been a minute,” the rapper-producer said.
Like us on Facebook!
Clef continued talking about Lauryn, “I heard about the little drama she got in the news, wishing her better on that. You know? Actually, I was on the phone with Pras earlier. It’s all good. Nothing but love for the Fugees.”
As many know, Lauryn Hill is in the midst of a tax evasion case. She could be sent to prison for three years for failing to file taxes between the years of 2005 and 2007 despite her bringing home $1.8 million.
Wyclef also talked about a book he is working on. “First book’s coming out in September. …My first book is called Purpose,” Clef explained. “Because that’s the first thing I did, right? I had to find my purpose. That’s what a lot of us go through. …It’s like a biography of Wyclef.”
Check out the video interview over at HipHopDX.com.
- Tameka Raymond’s Family Hits Back At Life Support Rumors
- Jimmie ‘J.J.’ Walker: I Do Not Accept Gay Marriage on ‘Moral Grounds’
- Jamie Foxx Voices Support For Frank Ocean
- The Boss Rick Ross Talks Marriage, Maybach Music, & Medical Issues
- #KYSCutie Of The Day: @Mymerah1
Album Release Of The Week
1. Ace Hood - Trials and Tribulations1 of 12
2. Ace Hood - Trials and Tribulations2 of 12
3. Jay-Z - Magna Carta Holy Grail3 of 12
4. Ciara - Ciara4 of 12
5. Thundercat - Apocalypse5 of 12
6. Wale - The Gifted6 of 12
7. India Arie - Songversation7 of 12
8. John Legend - Love in the Future8 of 12
9. kanye west yeezus9 of 12
10. Mac Miller Watching Movies with the Sound Off10 of 12
11. goodie-mob-age-against-the-machine-cover1-600x45011 of 12
12. J. cole Born Sinner12 of 12