Sherman Hemsley who died over a month ago has not been laid to rest as his family fights over his will. The embalmed body of the actor is being kept refrigerated in a funeral home in El Paso, Texas until the local court decides on the validity of his will.
Richard Thornton, who claims he is Hemsley’s brother, is disputing a will the actor signed six weeks prior to his death from lung cancer at age 74 on July 24. Hemsley named Flora Enchinton as sole beneficiary of his estate valued at more than $50,000. Hemsley also refers to Enchinton as a “beloved partner.”
Enchinton says she had been friends with Hemsley and had even been his manager for more than two decades. During this time she lived with Hemsley and Hemsley’s friend Kenny Johnston, 76. Enchinton tells AP Hemsley never mentioned any relatives.
This is so disrespectful! Can someone please put this man to rest.
Like us on Facebook!
- Joseline Refutes Your Homewrecker Accusations
- Pioneering Music Producer Chris Lighty Dies In Apparent Suicide
- 2 Chainz ‘Birthday Song’ feat. Kanye West
- Mimi From Love & Hip Hop Atlanta Goes Off On People Who Talk About Her For Staying With Stevie J’s Cheating A$$ [VIDEO]
- Which Female Cast Member Of “Love & Hip Hop Atlanta” Is Worth The Most?
Upcoming Concerts In The DMV [GALLERY]
1. Fantasia: After Party & Birthday Celebration1 of 4
2. Dj Lo Down Loretta Brown AKA Eryka Badu Official After Party2 of 4
3. Jay-Z and Beyonce- On The Run Tour3 of 4
4. August Alsina- Testimony Live4 of 4