Bianca Lamar isn’t enrolled at Howard University for the fall 2012 semester due to racking up speeding tickets fines. Lamar told Huffington Post that she was working and saving up this summer in order to return for the fall semester. Hidden speeding cameras are located all around the DMV and Lamar was caught speeding on more than one occasion. Huffington Post reports:
Lamar tells The Huffington Post she was supposed to return to Howard University this fall, after taking time off for personal health issues. She’d spent the summer bartending at a restaurant in Alexandria, Va., and had saved just enough to pay for her tuition (about $3,500 per semester), rent (about $1,000 per month for off-campus housing in Northeast D.C.) and living expenses.
“I had saved up all summer,” she says.
Her tickets — which she says are mostly for going about ten miles per hour over the speed limit in different places in the District — arrived in the mail before the beginning of the fall term.
Lamar had to pay about $300 for each ticket and $500 to get a boot taken off her car. She is currently still working and saving up to return to school in the spring.
- Pharmacist Prescribes Would-Be Robber Pills Of Justice: Gunshots
- Woman Finds Ex-Boyfriend Living In Her Attic Over 12 Years After They Broke Up
- T.D. Jakes’ Daughter Announces Divorce, Cites ‘Multiple Infractions’ With NFL Hubby
- Teacher’s Aide Allegedly Tells Black Girl: Your Brown Tights Make You Look Naked. Leave Class!
- Boy Kidnapped 8 Years Ago As Infant Reunited With Parents