Baltimore native Jada Pinkett Smith made a stop in DC yesterday. She was at the State Department to hear Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s release of the 2012 Trafficking in Persons Report. Jada, DCFab reports, said that she was inspired to research human trafficking after her daughter Willow told her about the KONY 2012 movement.
“I was actually really quite ashamed that I didn’t know about this particular situation in our country, because when you think about human trafficking, you think about it ‘over there.’ Wherever ‘there’ is,” she said at the ceremony.
- Report: Pregnancy and Abortion Rates Down For Women in Their ’20s
- Eric Holder Held In Contempt Of Congress By House Committee
- DC Chillin’: Where To Beat The Heat
- Need Community Service Hours? THIS SATURDAY [June 23, 2012] Come on out and support NCAA Youth Football
- #KYSCutie Of The Day: @ThatDamnKaren