Even if you’re not ready to admit that LeBron James is the best player in the league, ask yourself this question: has any other player finessed a new album out of one of your favorite artists? Last night, Kendrick Lamar pulled a Beyonce when he dropped his new project, untitled unmastered, without any prior singles, promotion, or announcement.
And it appears the release may have been even more spur-of-the-moment than initially thought. Following K.Dot’s powerful performance at the Grammys, King James took to Twitter to encourage TDE’s CEO, Anthony “Top Dawg” Tiffith, to release Kendrick’s new album.
Top Dawg had no choice but to consider the request; after all, there’s a lot of pressure that comes with a tweet from LeBron.
Then, shortly before the album’s release, Top Dawg took to Instagram to hint the drop and encouraged fans to “thank @kingjames for this.”
Thank you, LeBron. Now, can you finesse this album out of Beyonce?
SOURCE: Complex | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Twitter, Instagram
13 Pics Of LeBron James & Wife Savannah Being Crazy In Love (PHOTOS)
1. Young love for Savannah and LeBron at prom in high school.Source:Instagram 1 of 13
2. A couple that travels together...Source:IG 2 of 13
3. Vacay in Greece.Source:IG 3 of 13
4. LeBron posted this adorable pic of his pregnant wife.Source:IG 4 of 13
5. Happy Anniversary!Source:IG 5 of 13
6. LeBron supports his wife with all of her endeavors.Source:IG 6 of 13
7. Bonnie and Clyde in Madrid.Source:IG 7 of 13
8. Kiss Cam!Source:IG 8 of 13
9. Savannah shared this throwback pic of LeBron and their first born.Source:IG 9 of 13
10. The stylish pair head to Dwyane Wade's wedding.Source:IG 10 of 13
11. Love on top! Savannah reposted this love message from her boo.Source:IG 11 of 13
12. On the run.Source:Twitter 12 of 13
13. She said yes!Source:IG 13 of 13
Thank You, LeBron: Here’s How King James Got Kendrick Lamar To Release “Untitled Unmastered” was originally published on globalgrind.com