“Did you guys see the shooting that happened two days ago? Because don’t worry, if you missed it, there was another one yesterday,” his monologue began.
In the eight-minute clip the South African comedian goes on to explain that it is possible to be “pro-cop and pro-Black.”
“You know the hardest part of having a conversation surrounding police shootings in America? It always feels like in America, it’s like, if you take a stand for something, you automatically are against something else. It’s such a strange world to be in. You shouldn’t have to choose between the police and the citizens that they are sworn to protect,” Noah said on his show Thursday night.
“But with police shootings, it shouldn’t have to work that way,” he continued. “For instance, if you’re pro Black Lives Matter you’re assumed to be anti-police, and if you’re pro-police, then you surely hate Black people. When in reality, you can be pro-cop and pro-Plack, which is what we should all be,” Noah added as the crowd applauded.
The 32-year-old’s monologue came before the fatal police shootings in Dallas, Texas, which he later addressed on Twitter:
Watch Noah’s take on the recent streak of violence up top.
SOURCE: Huffington Post | IMAGE CREDIT: Getty, Twitter
Celebrities React To Dallas Police Deaths
1. John Legend was one of the first celebrities to respond on social media.1 of 13
2. LeBron James wants everyone to stop the violence.2 of 13
3. Danielle Brooks wants to know: What’s going on?3 of 13
4. Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda sent a strong message.4 of 13
5. Ashanti spoke out on freedom.5 of 13
6. Boris Kodjoe wants the answers.6 of 13
7. Trey Songz ranted.7 of 13
8. Usher has a question for the people.8 of 13
9. Ms. Tina Knowles got to the heart of the issue.9 of 13
10. Tyrese vented.10 of 13
11. Demi Lovato tweeted about her home town.11 of 13
12. Kris Jenner reposted Beyonce’s post12 of 13
13. Lala Anthony shared her thoughts.13 of 13
Trevor Noah On Deadly Police Shootings: “You Can Be Pro-Cop And Pro-Black” was originally published on theurbandaily.com