The opposition to the expansion of I-270 and I-495 in Maryland, as well as concerns about its potential impact on traffic congestion, the environment, and a historic African-American cemetery, have led to criticism and legal action by environmentalist groups.
Homeowners in a Bethesda neighborhood are particularly concerned about preserving the cemetery. Lieutenant Governor Aruna Miller has mentioned that the plans are being reevaluated, but it’s important to note that this dispute predates the current administration led by Wes Moore.
The previous administration, under Larry Hogan, has faced accusations of disregarding proper procedures, as indicated by the motion filed by environmentalist groups.
READ MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- FedEx Field Evacuated After Sunday’s Commanders vs. Dolphins Game
- Beware: Thieves Targeting Those Wearing Canada Goose Jackets In DC
- Wizards Friday Night Concert Series 2024 Schedule Revealed Featuring Hip-Hop & Local Greats!
- FBI Agent Was A Carjacking Victim In Washington, D.C., Highlighting Rising Crime Trend
- Virginia State University Makes History As The First HBCU In The Country Selected To Host A General Election Presidential Debate
- Several Students At Dunbar High School Hospitalized After Ingesting Unknown Substance
- Here’s How You Could Get A Free Lyft Ride In Maryland This Holiday Season
- Washington Wizards Deni Avdija Disappointed In DC Sports Fan Culture But Has Hopes On Improvement
- Rod Wave D.C. Concert Stop Break-Ins Story Was Exaggerated, MPD Confirms
- 24/7 Speed Cameras To Be Installed At 21 New Locations In Bowie For Safer Driving
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
Environmental Groups File Motion To Block Toll Lanes On I-495 and I-270 was originally published on woldcnews.com
Ciara’s 10K for the Holidays
Is Ashanti Pregnant? X Users Think Nelly Has ‘Sealed The Deal’
29 Pictures Of Lady Gaga’s Great Ass [PHOTOS]
27 Insane Pictures Of Iggy Azalea’s Booty (PHOTOS)
Thanksgiving Mac & Cheese’s Most Viral Moments
WORLD AIDS DAY: Remembering Black Celebrities We Lost
Blueface Goes OFF on Chrisean Rock After He ‘Rescues’ His Baby From Sitter at 4am
Queens Get The Money: Meet NYC Booty Banging Adult Star Moriah Mills [PHOTOS]