A judge awarded over $1 million to an AME Church that sued the far-right Proud Boys for burning a Black Lives Matter banner during a 2020 protest. The ruling also prohibits the group and its leaders from approaching the Metropolitan African Methodist Episcopal Church, making threats, or defaming the church or its pastor for five years.
The ruling was declared after the defendants failed to attend court to fight the case. The Proud Boys violated laws by trespassing and destroying religious property, as stated in the lawsuit filed by Metropolitan AME.
Proud Boys leader Henry “Enrique” Tarrio admitted to setting fire to one banner and pleaded guilty to property destruction and attempted possession of a high-capacity magazine in July 2021, resulting in a sentence of over five months in jail.
- Drivers Registering Cars In Virginia To Avoid Insurance Cost In Their Home States
- Sticky Fingers To Close Due To Crime Surge On H Street
- BREAKING: 3 Police Officers Shot In SE DC While Serving Animal Cruelty Warrant
- Morgan State University Teams Up With Iconic Director Spike Lee To Kickstart Student’s Careers In The Film Industry
- DC Ranks 2nd In US Cities For Traffic Congestions
- DC-Based Chef Receives Nobel Peace Prize Nomination
- Maryland Program Offering Free Medical Equipment Aids For Residents In Need
- Washington Wizards January 2024 Highlights
- Join Us For WKYS 93.9’s 2nd Annual Women’s Excellence Empowerment Brunch [Get Tickets Here]
- Governor Wes Moore To Deliver Second State Of The State Address Wednesday
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
Who Is Julius & Why Does The BeyHive Love Beyoncé’s Long Time Bodyguard?
29 Pictures Of Lady Gaga’s Great Ass [PHOTOS]
Who TF Did I Marry: You Won’t Believe This Georgia Woman’s 6-Hour Viral TikTok Story Of Betrayal
27 Insane Pictures Of Iggy Azalea’s Booty (PHOTOS)
20 Creepiest Things To Whisper In Someone’s Ear While Hugging
30 Photos Of Cardi B’s Ass
Usher Shares Photos From His Wedding After His Super Bowl Performance
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2024