Montgomery County Inspector General recently completed an investigation into misconduct by a County Council employee. The inquiry revealed that the employee had improperly booked $11,490 in permits, falsely claiming they were for council use when, in fact, they were for the employee’s spouse.
The Inspector General’s office has notified the County Council, State’s Attorney’s Office, and County Ethics Commission of its findings. It was discovered that the county council had an account for booking synthetic turf fields, which the employee misused for personal purposes over the past year.
The employee’s identity remains confidential due to the nature of the personnel matter. Council President Evan Glass emphasized the council’s commitment to ethical conduct.
The investigation found that the $11,490 worth of field permits were booked using the council account but were never actually paid for. Additionally, the employee made false statements to investigators in an attempt to hide their actions.
The County Inspector General has acted as a fact-finder and has alerted both the Ethics Commission and State’s Attorney to the potential ethics violation and criminal behavior.
Legal experts like Donald Tobin, a University of Maryland Law School professor, view this process as a demonstration of the system working as intended, ensuring transparency and accountability for residents. The State’s Attorney’s Office has received the Inspector General’s report and will initiate a review to determine if any criminal behavior occurred.
source: The DMV Daily
- Here’s How You Could Get A Free Lyft Ride In Maryland This Holiday Season
- Washington Wizards Deni Avdija Disappointed In DC Sports Fan Culture But Has Hopes On Improvement
- Rod Wave D.C. Concert Stop Break-Ins Story Was Exaggerated, MPD Confirms
- 24/7 Speed Cameras To Be Installed At 21 New Locations In Bowie For Safer Driving
- Students At 8 D.C. Middle Schools Qualify For $22K College Scholarships
- Maryland Care Worker Sentenced For Leaving Man With Autism Alone in Stolen Van
- Coppin State University Launches Housing Initiative For Low-Income Students
- Odell Beckham Jr. joins Ravens’ dance hall of fame with Park Heights Strut celebration
- Washington Wizards Jordan Poole Denies That He Spent $500K On Date With Ice Spice
- Virginia Teen’s Cancer Treatment Soap Earns National Science Prize
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
Ciara’s 10K for the Holidays
29 Pictures Of Lady Gaga’s Great Ass [PHOTOS]
Snoop Dogg Sends Social Media Ablaze After Declaring He’s Giving Up Smoking
27 Insane Pictures Of Iggy Azalea’s Booty (PHOTOS)
Thanksgiving Mac & Cheese’s Most Viral Moments
Turkey Taboos: 10 Things You Should Never Do At Thanksgiving
Doja Cat Claps Back At Blackface Accusations, X Users React
Benny Medina's Sister Trying To Out Diddy & Will Smith