Thousands of pregnant women in Maryland, regardless of immigration status, are eligible for free comprehensive health care coverage.
Under the Healthy Babies Equity Act, also known as HB1080, pregnant residents with an income of up to 250 percent of the federal poverty level but who would not otherwise be eligible due to their immigration status will now have access to Medicaid or the Maryland Children’s Health Program. Their children, up to the age of one-year-old, will also have access to the coverage.
Non-citizens will now be able to enroll in the services as soon as they learn they are pregnant. They will be eligible for prenatal and postnatal treatment for up to four months postpartum, as well as mental health care. Dental, lab work and prescription medicine services will also be covered without copays.
- Maryland Lawmakers Weigh In On Bill That Limits Gender-Affirming Care For Minors
- Starbucks Reveals First Accessible Store In D.C.
- Unions Oppose Plan To Relocate Washington Wizards And Capitals To Potomac Yard
- DC’s Daily Rider Bike Shop Burglarized For The 3rd Time
- Maryland Fisherman Shatters State Record With Massive Rainbow Trout Catch: ‘Feels Good’
- Drivers Registering Cars In Virginia To Avoid Insurance Cost In Their Home States
- Sticky Fingers To Close Due To Crime Surge On H Street
- BREAKING: 3 Police Officers Shot In SE DC While Serving Animal Cruelty Warrant
- Morgan State University Teams Up With Iconic Director Spike Lee To Kickstart Student’s Careers In The Film Industry
- DC Ranks 2nd In US Cities For Traffic Congestions
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
Pregnant Non-Citizens In Maryland Are Eligible For Free Health Care was originally published on woldcnews.com
29 Pictures Of Lady Gaga’s Great Ass [PHOTOS]
Who Is Julius & Why Does The BeyHive Love Beyoncé’s Long Time Bodyguard?
Bravo Fans React To Porsha Williams Filing For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of Marriage
Who TF Did I Marry: You Won’t Believe This Georgia Woman’s 6-Hour Viral TikTok Story Of Betrayal
27 Insane Pictures Of Iggy Azalea’s Booty (PHOTOS)
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2024
Usher Shares Photos From His Wedding After His Super Bowl Performance
20 Creepiest Things To Whisper In Someone’s Ear While Hugging